Holland

How do I start making music, cheaply and with little to no modding, on the NES?

FamiTracker is free and requires no mods whatsoever. smile

Check out their forum and ask any questions.

Whoops, forgot the link: http://famitracker.com/

And their forum: http://famitracker.com/forum/

Holland

How do I get to play stuff from that playing on my NES?

L0O3, C0rnw4//.

You can use a PowerPak they are a touch expesive, but famitracker is free....soooooo....swings & round'a'bouts.

Also there is the MIDINes your preference really.

Tokyo, Japan

This is all in the FAQ in the sticky guys!

relo wrote:

Worry about writing the music first! wink

But yes, a PowerPak will let you do just that!

Sydney, NSW
relo wrote:

Why do yo uwant it playing on the hardware? I've heard that FT's sound emulation is pretty accurate.
If you just want it on the NES for the sole reason of having it on the NES, or to "keep it real", then don't worry about it! Nobody's gonna look down on you if you record your albums/play live on stage with a laptop and FamiTracker. Fakebit/real chip isn't even worth arguing about, so don't worry.

Download Famitracker, write music on it, save/record MP3s/WAVs, that's it. No NES needed!

NSW, Australia

I back up what these guys are saying, theres no shame in not having the music playing on the NES
However if your dead set on the NES make sure you have perfected the sound you are going for before worrying about playing your tracks on the NES
Good Luck!

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jul 9, 2012 2:38 am)

Russia, Moscow

If you really want to make music on the NES itself, you should check this.

babylon

ok i understand trying to sell him on famitracker buy it kinda avoids his original question guys.
you will need a powerpak. there around a buck 50 or something like that now. theres no getting around this but after that no more money or modding is required.
then go here
http://blog.ntrq.net/
theres some pretty cool native tracker stuff for nes.
then get to crackin yo.
try them out in an emulator first, but if you like it i can understand wanting to track on your nes. i tried to get into pulsar but never really took it very far. good luck!

edit: fuck shiru beat me too it smile but yeah those are tools you want.

Last edited by walter b. gentle (Jul 9, 2012 2:59 am)

WOW MAN!
Chainsaw Police wrote:
relo wrote:

Why do yo uwant it playing on the hardware? ...  don't worry about it! Nobody's gonna look down on you if you record your albums/play live on stage with a laptop and FamiTracker. Fakebit/real chip isn't even worth arguing about, so don't worry.

BURN THE WITCH! BURN IT!

neilbaldwin wrote:
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Why do yo uwant it playing on the hardware? ...  don't worry about it! Nobody's gonna look down on you if you record your albums/play live on stage with a laptop and FamiTracker. Fakebit/real chip isn't even worth arguing about, so don't worry.

BURN THE WITCH! BURN IT!

agreed. get a powerpak.