uhajdafdfdfa

i feel it's better to churn out billions of songs made in 15 minutes than to polish anything. is this good practise or is this bad practise? what do YOU do? how long do you spend averagely on a song?

Depends on how much I like the song.

Depends on how long I poop that day.

Admit it, we have all done it.

Lexington, KY

No. It's not worth it.
Music is a waste of time.

thebitman wrote:

Depends on how long I poop that day.

Admit it, we have all done it.

babylon

i agree to a degree. maybe not 15 minutes per song but i have a problem with pouring over the same song for so long that my original intent gets lost and just ends up sounding like crap(well, more crap than usual). but i spend about three weeks to two months to right a track usually. im not sure how that relates to actual time spent but i spend maybe a couple hours every other night or so dinking around with tunes.

Spend enough time on the song to make it good and the way you want it. I definitely do a good deal of polishing and fine-tuning before releasing something... usually, the early demos sound quite different when compared to the final version.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Honestly, I get most songs pretty much done between a day and a week. Then I spend a week reviewing it and changing little details.
It depends on how the musician is. Some start a track strong, some finish it strong instead.

And yeah, like Frosty said, it depends on how much I like it. The more I like it, the longer it takes for me, because I get all picky.

Brunswick, GA USA

I feel best when I get to work on something for a week.

Revising is always okay, I had teachers that preached the importance of being open to the idea of editing anything and everything you've ever done at will. Despite that, I would never suggest that to ant1 because whatever he's doing works well enough to me.

Chicago IL

depends on how depressed i am. if things are going well usually a month.

Nashville, Tennessee

depends if it's finished or not. if it's done, it's done, regardless of time spent.
if it's not finished, take as much time as necessary until it is.

Last edited by smiletron (Jul 8, 2012 4:38 am)

Savannah, Georgia
smiletron wrote:

depends if it's finished or not. if it's done, it's done, regardless of time spent.
if it's not finished, take as much time as necessary until it is.

+1

Last edited by Aeros (Jul 8, 2012 4:42 am)

Milwaukee, WI

little-scale wrote this in 35 minutes yo.

http://weeklybeats.com/#/little-scale/m … -timelines

washington
Saskrotch wrote:

depends on how depressed i am.

+1

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Auxcide wrote:

Honestly, I get most songs pretty much done between a day and a week. Then I spend a week reviewing it and changing little details.
It depends on how the musician is. Some start a track strong, some finish it strong instead.

And yeah, like Frosty said, it depends on how much I like it. The more I like it, the longer it takes for me, because I get all picky.