Palm Beach Gardens, FL

From what I understand there's a flash cart for the neo geo pocket, but are there any trackers?

Milwaukee, WI

Not that I know of.  If memory serves, it's 2 SN chips.  (The one found in the Master System)

Chicago IL
Theta_Frost wrote:

Not that I know of.  If memory serves, it's 2 SN chips.  (The one found in the Master System)

i think it's slightly more complicated than that, just because there's like no information about the sound chips anywhere. i don't think there's even a file format for NGP music yet. But at some point i was talking to Alex Mauer about it and he said it was basically like two SMS/GG PSGs.

Tokyo, Japan
Theta_Frost wrote:

Sound: SN76489 variant, T6W28 (3 square wave tone generators with limited stereo capability + 1 monaural noise generator + direct access to the two 6 bits DAC).

From Wikipedia.

The sn76489 is a really limited chip, just three squares at 50/50 and a noise gen?

Chicago IL
Lazerbeat wrote:

The sn76489 is a really limited chip, just three squares at 50/50 and a noise gen?

pretty much,  it can also do periodic noise, but that takes both the third square and the noise generator to implement

New York City

The NGPC dev kit is available and it includes a complicated to use but functional sound tool you can use to track. I can't find it right now but I know it is out there somewhere, if only I remembered its name... I may even have it in a backup but I am away from home and can't check this. Also I think Ivan Mackintosh had made one and also there's a MOD>NGPC converter somewhere.

The NGPC sound is a lot clearer than that of other portables available out there, definitely worth using rather than a shitty game boy or game gear.

Palm Beach Gardens, FL
akira^8GB wrote:

The NGPC dev kit is available and it includes a complicated to use but functional sound tool you can use to track. I can't find it right now but I know it is out there somewhere, if only I remembered its name... I may even have it in a backup but I am away from home and can't check this. Also I think Ivan Mackintosh had made one and also there's a MOD>NGPC converter somewhere.

The NGPC sound is a lot clearer than that of other portables available out there, definitely worth using rather than a shitty game boy or game gear.

You don't say? I've got a NGPC In my closet that I never use, so this would be awesome!

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Ok so there's a spec out there of the Neo Geo Pocket soundchip?.

Fr

I'd like to know more about that too !

Chicago IL

Mad excited to see delek asking about it, but as far as I know there's still no sound file format for NGP

there isn't a sound format for the gb/nes/c64 either, it's just a wrapper around whatever driver is being used.

Chicago IL

well then there isn't a wrapper around whatever driver is being used for NGP

uhajdafdfdfa

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=50902

Chicago IL

oh snap!

Milwaukee, WI

I'm not sure that is a tracker for the Pocket.  There was a FM tracker for the Neo Geo console called MVSTracker and that looks just like it.

Chicago IL
Theta_Frost wrote:

I'm not sure that is a tracker for the Pocket.  There was a FM tracker for the Neo Geo console called MVSTracker and that looks just like it.

I only opened it up and fiddled around for a minute, but it comes with documentation on creating NGPC sound drivers and such.