Chicago IL
Saskrotch wrote:

i think the main problem is that these dudes act like people fighting in a video instead of being in an actual fight.

also you can usually get solid color t-shirts at walgreens for real cheap. doing slow ass fake karate  is bad enough, but if you're in a kirby shirt it's even worse

not to mention they're all pretty much smiling through every non-close up shot

Tacoma, WA

rofl... 20 seconds in... the guy smiling as he turns around...I wouldn't say its next level, but it is funny as hell..

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

does next level of crap count?

New Jersey
Auxcide wrote:

does next level of crap count?

We don't need to tear this dude apart. 
Providing some serious criticism and helping him move in the right direction is really what should be going down here.

.FILTHadelphia

So which Cobra Kai member were you? The Johnny or Dutch doppelganger?

Sydney, NSW

Here's how ya do it.

Sacramento, CA

TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Z3D1535Jo

NC in the US of America
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Here's how ya do it.

Is that what they're calling it now?

Seattle, WA US

that was inspirational in the weirdest, most icky, uncomfortable way I've ever come across inspiration

UK

Few points made about your video:-

The actors are incorrectly holding and wielding both a shinai and boken. Learn martial-arts or at least research enough into the props you use before filming.

'I thought I would drop the video off to a group of people who really appreciate Chiptune in hopes of getting help with promotion for my friend, myself, and chiptune all together so at any rate. Please take a look at the Video and if you like it leave a comment.'

The music's not being appreciated as you'd like it because the track sounds like a style thats been recreated lots of times. An interesting attempt merging visuals and music together, try working on sounds and ideas more next time.

[Edit: wording]

Last edited by CS (Jul 17, 2012 11:04 am)

Westfield, NJ
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Here's how ya do it.

I think the gist of this thread is that watching nerds pretend to do martial arts is never satisfying.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

In my opinion if you've made the video with cheese factor in mind it's entertaining. If you made it trying to be badasses then it's not good.

The music doesn't fit at all with the video. That dude giving you flack on youtube has a point.

I'm not even going to comment on the whole "Next Level" thing cause I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Wilmington,NC

You guys missed it. It's the picnic tables. They are one level higher than the ground. Possibly two.
(this thread got ugly fast)

The Bronx

Awkwarrrrrrrrrrd

Well, I thought it was funny. Just too long.

Chicago IL
MostNoble9 wrote:

We don't need to tear this dude apart.

But that's the price of hubris.