Holland

I normal right output, but my left output also goes over the right side. How can I fix it?

Chicago IL

it sounds like there's some cross talk between the L and R outputs. the wires might just be touching, or they might be lazily soldered to the L/R/GND points at the volume pot

Holland
Saskrotch wrote:

it sounds like there's some cross talk between the L and R outputs. the wires might just be touching, or they might be lazily soldered to the L/R/GND points at the volume pot

First thing I thought, but it doesn't look like it (and it should go for both outputs if that is the case, right?)

Chicago

Just a thought,
What happens when you play a single note with a instrument on left channel on the internal speaker?
repeat with switching it too the right channel.

Holland
GoingHam wrote:

Just a thought,
What happens when you play a single note with a instrument on left channel on the internal speaker?
repeat with switching it too the right channel.

I'm doing that to test it and it works fine over the headphone jack, but not the RCA mod

Chicago

What points the RCA soldered too? Vs the Headphone jack + any other you may have.

Holland
GoingHam wrote:

What points the RCA soldered too? Vs the Headphone jack + any other you may have.

the above 2 points and the 5th for ground.  (counting the 5 point for a prosound mods)

Chicago IL

what

Holland
Saskrotch wrote:

what

If I may believe this picture http://www.epromfoundry.com/home/wp-con … osound.jpg 1,2 and 5

(I followed a tutorial on how to install a RCA mod on youtube)

Last edited by relo (Jul 17, 2012 7:24 pm)

Chicago

Okay, picture explained a lot.
You could try re soldering the connections/ uploading pics of wiring/ or rewiring from the volume pots to alternative points like such:

Rewiring to these points is not controlled by the volume knob though.

Holland
GoingHam wrote:

Okay, picture explained a lot.
You could try re soldering the connections/ uploading pics of wiring/ or rewiring from the volume pots to alternative points like such:

Rewiring to these points is not controlled by the volume knob though.

http://postimage.org/image/e24kfxvi9/

Edit: Just tried soldering to those points, with the same problem

Last edited by relo (Jul 17, 2012 8:04 pm)

Holland

apparently I had wired left to ground and ground to left. So I fixed that, but now right doesn't work....

Last edited by relo (Jul 17, 2012 8:53 pm)

Where did you solder on the RCA jacks? Did you switch there aswell? the center is signal and outer is ground on them

Do you live in Utrecht? I could take a look for you smile

Holland
Timbob wrote:

Do you live in Utrecht? I could take a look for you smile

Well Kampen (in de buurt van Zwolle)

Holland

I fixed it (replaced the front PCB), but now I somehow get a biverted the screen (without a biversion chip) and on one side is distorded. and also the screen is only really visible on the lowest contrast. (I might have been a bit wild with removing the film, because all the glue was still there)