Carbondale, IL

Trash80's world-famous ArduinoBoys, as built by Anthony "scienceguy8" Gilberti, are now for sale here.

I currently have 17 units on hand.  They are $50 for domestic shipping, $58 for standard 6 to 10 day international shipping, and $71 for 5 day international shipping.  First come, first serve.  Don't worry if you miss them this time: I still have 9 more to build and there will most likely be yet another batch coming down the pipeline.

I will also be selling some extra printed circuit boards to those who are interested.  Boards will be about $3 on an individual basis, but if you want a whole bunch of them I'm sure we can work out a lower price per board.  Contact me at [email protected] about boards.

EDIT: currently sold out.  Will make more.  Read entire topic for details.

Last edited by scienceguy8 (Mar 15, 2010 1:48 pm)

Could you post pictures of the unit in different angles and such? sorry to be nit picking just I am really interested in buying one and want to see what it looks like in all its glory

São Paulo, Brazil

that's great! finally a bunch of arduinoboys with a fair price. If I hadn't already built mine I'd surely buy one.

))<>((

sonofabitch I want one. If you have one when I get paid, consider me interested.

Carbondale, IL

Only three left.  Don't worry, though.  I will be making more.

Also, those photos you guys wanted to see.  Sorry it took so long, but my camera takes horrible close ups.  Be glad that my roommate's camera phone doesn't have the same problem.

I hope you keep doing this for a while, I'm going to want one soon and wouldn't want to miss out yikes

Milwaukee, WI

I'm very interested in a PCB.  I'll email soon.

Central-ish VA

Love to see people being active in this sort of thing, you're awesome!

Also:  how do you get boards printed so cheap?  $3 per board?  That's outstanding!

Carbondale, IL

I bought the boards through a company called Gold Phoenix.  They specialize mainly in prototype production: small volume.  I ordered a 155 square inch board (that is, they would try to fit as many of my 1.9 inch by 1.45 inch boards onto a single 155 square inch board), sent in my money and my fabrication files, and waited a week or two.  I was expecting one sheet with about 47 boards, each one valued at about $3, but instead I got 3 sheets with 49 boards each and only 5 defective boards.  Each viable board is about $0.88.  The other $2 is for an envelope and some stamps to send the boards.

Italy

I'm not sure I can afford one now, because I don't use the Gameboy right now... but I'm considering to do it in the near future, when will you run the next batch?

Carbondale, IL

Actually, this batch is not yet done.  I still have 8 more here on my workbench.  Problem is I ran out of mounting screws to fit the PCB inside the case.  Hopefully I will have the parts to finish them in a week or two.  Meanwhile, all 17 completed ArduinoBoys have been sold and will be shipped to their new owners in a couple days.

Italy

I see... so if I decide quickly I might still get one... hmm... tempting...

☺☺☺

now for the "willitbeherethisweekohgodohgodDOWANTNOWOHGAWDOHGAWD" shivers tongue

shall we expect to be getting shipping confirmation in the mail?

nz

I want one of these, gahhhhhh need money.

Carbondale, IL

Shipped all but one of the domestic orders (got a bad address for an Amherst, MA customer).  While I was at the post office I picked up some customs envelopes and a book of stamps.  I'll be shipping the international orders soon, perhaps tomorrow, and will get to work on those requests for PCBs as well.

EDIT: took me long enough.  Little-scale was kind enough to lend me some server space to store my ArduinoBoy files, including schematic, board layout, bill of materials, extra copies of the code and mGB ROM, a few design notes, etc.  I hope to fill that chunk of server space with all sorts of open-source designs (hopefully more than a few of them my own), but for now, enjoy.

Last edited by scienceguy8 (Feb 23, 2010 8:11 am)

California

crap. how many are left? I cannot buy one just yet since my vehicle needs work but after that if I have enough left I would like to snag one.... fuckin subscribe button DOES NOT WORK at 8bc.....