Grimsby, UK

Just as a point of burning curiosity.
I was considering doing some gigs at some point, but i was thinking, what more do i need to do than hit enter and make sure my laptop doesn't bluescreen. so then i'm just pressing a button and standing there looking like a knob.
so what do you do, other than just stand there?

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Sometimes sudoku, but I know others enjoy a light wordsearch or bring a book of limericks with them to explore

Grimsby, UK

i do enjoy a good limerick...

Change instrument parameters, melodies, song order, dj mixer effects, other live instruments, seamlessly "dj" between songs, dance, drink something

Chicago IL

i put alcohol through it

Italy

Dance like mad or get some effects!
It also depends on what software you use, I don't know a lot of pc trackers but I'm sure there is something you can do live to change sounds

Forest Maze

Hit play, proceed to throw beer and joints into the crowd.

Austin, Texas

I think about this a lot, it's part of why I've been trying to get an LSDj keyboard Incorporated into my setup.

You could do your own visuals, if you have the music part in the can.

You could also try playing another instrument or vocals, if you are so inclined.

I'm thinking about trying to incorporate a projected Super Game Boy, also…

NC in the US of America

Didn't we have a thread for this?

The Bronx

Some people like it with onions, but I don't touch the stuff.

Madison, Alabama

I just played my first live show this weekend.

Since I wasn't sure what to do, I, um, gave myself a lot to do.  I played LSDJ in live mode for parts of songs and did FX with a DJ mixer.  I think I did some crossfader stuff, but I don't remember because alcohol.

I also played the guitar a bit.

Madison, Alabama
minusbaby wrote:

Some people like it with onions, but I don't touch the stuff.

You have to fry it.

Rochester, NY

practice your skrillex impression

~that's all you are anyway~

Chepachet, Rhode Island
SketchMan3 wrote:

Didn't we have 9 threads for this?

Fixed

Austin, Texas
roboctopus wrote:

I just played my first live show this weekend.

Since I wasn't sure what to do, I, um, gave myself a lot to do.  I played LSDJ in live mode for parts of songs and did FX with a DJ mixer.  I think I did some crossfader stuff, but I don't remember because alcohol.

I also played the guitar a bit.

Is there video? I'd like to see this.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I'm going to use my new kp3's sampling ability to make it say "dj" like the Yamaha keyboards. That's it.