Russian Fedration. Moscow City

So, when i runned my lsdj (ver 3.9.9) before start (after nintendo logo) I had screen that screen like with swiched off gb, then when i press up down left or right I had empty slot, but i have write sav already.
then finally i have empty slot, without sav.
Then, I created song, save it. Then load it. Then remove USB card, pull it back, swich on my gb and I again see this test, then EMPTY SLOT, without my sav, lol sad
then i changed ver of my lsdj to 4.6.7 and i had this screen with this on it:
cartridge test
testing ram
please wait...
then same shit.
what's wrong?

Last edited by balloonbear (Jul 19, 2012 7:13 pm)

NC in the US of America

How's your batterY?

Don't know. I thought it new (quite new)

New Albany Indiana

look, if you turned on your gameboy then turned it off realy fast then back on, that means that you switched pages on your cart.... your sav may have been deleted.

Bit wish wrote:

look, if you turned on your gameboy then turned it off realy fast then back on, that means that you switched pages on your cart.... your sav may have been deleted.

I don't understand how it works, if it's possible. cos befor this card i have only smart card with 32 mb (backup only with transfer)

Philadelphia

It could be the battery. Same thing happened to me, then once I replaced it I never had that problem again.

Also, i read how to swich pages. When i swich to another page (LED on the card lights) i have glitches on nintendo logo and it does't works. WHATTA HELL!

and why other side so loud back noise????/

Last edited by balloonbear (Jul 19, 2012 8:47 pm)

Austin, Texas

If LSDj boots and doesn't detect SRAM on the cartridge, the most likely culprit is a dead or disconnected battery. Batteries aren't perfect technology, stuff happens to them even when they are new sometimes. :-/

If you have any kind of information in SRAM currently that you want to save, back it up before you do any of this the following. Now take the cart apart and make sure that the battery is firmly seated in the battery clip, and try it again. If the battery is new, it might have just unseated from the battery socket—wiping your SRAM in the process. sad

As for the other stuff:

1.) I'm not sure what you are describing as the problem with the other page, exactly.

2.) If you are having problems with only one "page" on the EMS GB USB 64M, just reformat and flash that page. I've had a cart that was only in use for about a month get the ROM corrupted somehow (I think I was trying to run software that crashed the game boy), and I just reflashed it and it was fine.

The "Pages" functionality is kind of confusing at first, but once you get used to it, it's pretty cool. smile

Also, this isn't a nonfinite issue, for the record. These are the same carts everyone can get now, and they have some pretty well documented reliability issues. You'd be at risk for having the same problems no matter where you got it.

EDIT: A Tip for Pages

If you're worried about accidentally overwriting your SRAM on the GB USB 64M, I'd recommend only keeping programs that do not access SRAM on Page 2—things like MuddyGB, GB Electric Drum, Pounder, UCBN, and whatever else you'd like. smile

There was a decent thread about this subject a while back.

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 19, 2012 10:24 pm)

Telerophon wrote:

If LSDj boots and doesn't detect SRAM on the cartridge, the most likely culprit is a dead or disconnected battery. Batteries aren't perfect technology, stuff happens to them even when they are new sometimes. :-/

If you have any kind of information in SRAM currently that you want to save, back it up before you do any of this the following. Now take the cart apart and make sure that the battery is firmly seated in the battery clip, and try it again. If the battery is new, it might have just unseated from the battery socket—wiping your SRAM in the process. sad

As for the other stuff:

1.) I'm not sure what you are describing as the problem with the other page, exactly.

2.) If you are having problems with only one "page" on the EMS GB USB 64M, just reformat and flash that page. I've had a cart that was only in use for about a month get the ROM corrupted somehow (I think I was trying to run software that crashed the game boy), and I just reflashed it and it was fine.

The "Pages" functionality is kind of confusing at first, but once you get used to it, it's pretty cool. smile

Also, this isn't a nonfinite issue, for the record. These are the same carts everyone can get now, and they have some pretty well documented reliability issues. You'd be at risk for having the same problems no matter where you got it.

EDIT: A Tip for Pages

If you're worried about accidentally overwriting your SRAM on the GB USB 64M, I'd recommend only keeping programs that do not access SRAM on Page 2—things like MuddyGB, GB Electric Drum, Pounder, UCBN, and whatever else you'd like. smile

There was a decent thread about this subject a while back.

Maybe I was a little bit wrong. Maybe there's a lot of new for me. I just want to get used to it smile

Madison, WI
balloonbear wrote:

Also, i read how to swich pages. When i swich to another page (LED on the card lights) i have glitches on nintendo logo and it does't works. WHATTA HELL!

That sounds exactly like an empty page.  Logo looks like ninte---, right?  WIth the lower half of the third "n" still visible, I think?

nonfinite wrote:
balloonbear wrote:

That sounds exactly like an empty page.  Logo looks like ninte---, right?  WIth the lower half of the third "n" still visible, I think?

This card is broken. I bought new battery but it still not work. and can't save anything + now it can't connect with my PC

i remember fixing a similar problem by placing the LSDJ rom on both pages

Je Mappelle wrote:

i remember fixing a similar problem by placing the LSDJ rom on both pages

Now card don't connet to my PC. And I can't save anything

BK
balloonbear wrote:
nonfinite wrote:

This card is broken. I bought new battery but it still not work. and can't save anything + now it can't connect with my PC

If the battery doesn't fix it, it may be defective. Do you have a screwdriver? Open it up and take a look to see if all of the components are soldered on correctly. I fixed my cart with a single solder blob since one component wasn't touching all of the solder pads.

Kris k wrote:
balloonbear wrote:

If the battery doesn't fix it, it may be defective. Do you have a screwdriver? Open it up and take a look to see if all of the components are soldered on correctly. I fixed my cart with a single solder blob since one component wasn't touching all of the solder pads.

I don't have such a small soldering-iron so i can't try to fix bad solder components. But I ALREADY HAVE CHANGED THE BATTERY! Still have same shit + don't work with PC no more. sad.
I don't know what to do to maky someone make technical support about it