San Francisco

"Nitrotracker is about to come out with loads of new features... Sneak peak two of them in a dub track!" - guy in the youtube video

this would be rad. i always liked nitrotracker.

Harrisonburg, Virginia

Wait WHAT!? I started out on Nitrotracker back when it first came out! I've been emailing Tobias about it recently, but he never got back to me. I couldn't see any of the new features in the video, though. hmm

Joliette, QC, Canada

Oh nice ! smile
If it's real...just totally hope they will add a command collumn in the tracks so I will be able to play MODs without my computer !!!

Tacoma WA

oh shit.  i might need to find another DSlite

Harrisonburg, Virginia
XyNo wrote:

Oh nice ! smile
If it's real...just totally hope they will add a command collumn in the tracks so I will be able to play MODs without my computer !!!

Agreed. Commands would make this my go to tracker besides LSDJ.

matt's mind
Russellian wrote:

Wait WHAT!? I started out on Nitrotracker back when it first came out!

yay!  woohoo!  good news....   love that tracker, recording/tracking mouth noises was so much fun...

Harrisonburg, Virginia
kitsch wrote:

recording/tracking mouth noises was so much fun...

Made a song with chip samples and beatboxed percussion. Man, if there is a new version coming out, I can't wait! big_smile

Riverside, CA

Glad to see it's not dead!

Unsubscribe
Russellian wrote:
XyNo wrote:

Oh nice ! smile

Why not try piggytracker? Its so much more capable than nitro.. just curious!

Harrisonburg, Virginia
herr_prof wrote:

Right now it's because I don't have a PSP or any of the handhelds it works on, I'm used to Nitro, and, if it gets updated with a command column, it's basically gonna be Piggytracker, no?

Last edited by Russellian (Jul 20, 2012 8:51 pm)

Unsubscribe

No there are things that piggy can do that nitro will never be able to do. Just curious if that works in reverse!

Sweeeeeeden

Dude, no. Nitrotracker is just a crippled XM tracker. At best, it can become a decent XM tracker. If you get porky with the piggy, you'll find command tables like in LSDj, and a nice filter. And live mode, again like in LSDj.

Joliette, QC, Canada
herr_prof wrote:
Russellian wrote:

I use piggy a lot, I love it...but you can't read XM or MOD files with it !!!

hardcore, Australia
XyNo wrote:

Oh nice ! smile

Well, if you already have a DS - http://adshomebrewersdiary.blogspot.com … -wale.html this guy put together a mod player with a few features i requested.

Joliette, QC, Canada
godinpants wrote:
XyNo wrote:

Oh nice ! smile

Well, if you already have a DS - http://adshomebrewersdiary.blogspot.com … -wale.html this guy put together a mod player with a few features i requested.

Holy Shit, Nice !!! Thanks man !!! big_smile

San Francisco

I am a huge advocate for piggy but i like nitrotracker all the same. different limitations means that it makes me think about writing in a different way. I always prefer mobile trackers to computer ones in general. I say the more tracker options the merrier.

the sound resolution/DAC is different which can sound nice and lofi, the lack of noise manipulation makes you think hard about what samples to use which gets me creative when i am making them, and the interface and sampling is a nice touch for on the go messing around. I am also a fan of the touch interface and the gui is pretty good looking compared to a lot of mobile trackers. of course there is the awesome ability to take your tracks to the computer and further enhance and tweek there (one of the parts that i really like about piggy too).
oh also really awesome sample editing screen. it supports midi. that shit is open source too for your own development if you can do that.

i wouldn't call nitrotracker crippled but it isn't for everybody. its got a lot going for it. as it stands it's the best tracker for the NDS. There are other wonderful programs like glitch ds but not a lot of traditional trackers (i cant think of any off the top of my head).

gots lots of love for nitro.

i feel like i have made some good stuff on the guy too.
http://chipmusic.org/wedanced/music/ghosts
http://chipmusic.org/wedanced/music/faded-lights