so i have a friend who runs a venue here in sacramento, and he said he's down to have a chiptune/whatever show.
we could in reality have as many artists as possible, i just want to set something up. as long as i can get 4-5 more artists, i can make this happen. ideally i want 9 more people, everyone getting up to 30 minute sets if they want, cuz i want this to be a pretty long/big show, seeing as how theres like never any around here in this genre. lemme know, thanks.

this isn't 100% btw.
i need to have like 5 people thatre down, then ill ask him for a date, get back to you guys and if it works for all of us, then it'll happen. k thanks.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I know of only 2 artists who are really close to the Sacramento area besides myself. It's pretty dead here.
I can take up two spots, one centered around lsdj with microkorg, live effects, drum machine. . . The other, more loop based and improvisational but still chipesque.

But it's up to you.

Matthew Joseph Payne

When in August?

San Diego, CA

I'll be up in norcal from August 3rd-August 10th if it happens around then! definitely willing to play a set! but the Sac-town is pretty far away from where I'm staying so this needs to be like CONFIRMED CONFIRMED if I am to play hmm

spacetownsavior wrote:

I'll be up in norcal from August 3rd-August 10th if it happens around then! definitely willing to play a set! but the Sac-town is pretty far away from where I'm staying so this needs to be like CONFIRMED CONFIRMED if I am to play hmm

Oh shit. Just got real.
hope to have my arduinoboy done by then.

uhajdafdfdfa

TRISTY

rochester, ny
CTLGS wrote:

ideally i want 9 more people

9 more? in addition to how many?

10+ acts is a really really really long show. even with fast change over times, that's going to be at least 6 hours, maybe more depending on how many more you have playing.

honestly, i'd suggest doing something smaller if you've never set up a show before. there's so much to worry about even with small shows. i'm setting up a show with 8 bands in december and i've needed so much help to coordinate it. i can't imagine doing something even bigger as the first show i'd ever set up.

best of luck though!

Matthew Joseph Payne

^

10 acts is a really long show indeed.

spacetownsavior wrote:

I'll be up in norcal from August 3rd-August 10th

We must play a show while you're here. Or at least hang out. k? k.

San Diego, CA

yeah...to be honest, unless it was a festival or something like that, I wouldn't even want to stay around for a ten-artist show, just because that's really tiring as a listener. it's fine if you have the time and resources to organize that, but even a really well-run show is going to go for a really long time. the way I envision that kind of thing is 2 stages with staggered performance times so people can catch at least a little of every artist, as well as a bar and food to keep people there while listening. obviously that's not feasible at all, but I'm speaking as an attendee, and that is pretty much what it would take for me to stay there if I didn't know any of the performers personally. so yeah, I'd recommend scaling down as well.

BUT. you have the advantage of people being really hungry for this kind of show! a lot of us seem willing to play, at least smile

kineticturtle wrote:

We must play a show while you're here. Or at least hang out. k? k.

definitely! let's try and plan one and stuff! unfortunately, I don't know very many venues up there so that's out of my control sad but I'd love to play up there because it's been SO LOOOOOONG

and hanging out is definitely a will do! I'll get in touch with you when I'm up there!

alright you guys all have really good points. if i could make an analogy similar to my eyes being bigger than my stomach, but in relation to this, there you go.

soooo
in reality. four? hows that? like 3 - 5. haha. cuuuuz yeah idk.
i can try and set it up for the 10th? is that like a preferred date?

nashville,tn
CTLGS wrote:

alright you guys all have really good points. if i could make an analogy similar to my eyes being bigger than my stomach, but in relation to this, there you go.

soooo
in reality. four? hows that? like 3 - 5. haha. cuuuuz yeah idk.
i can try and set it up for the 10th? is that like a preferred date?

i second dr. maynard the smaller the bill the better: a 3 act bill is ideal, 4 is pushing it, 5 is in the epic range. no more than 20-25mins per act. time will expand exponentially at the gig, its totally apart of the rawk continuum. trust me, if you can master this style, people will always ask when the next shindig is and..... look forward to it. ninja style; in & out leave the audience asking: wtf was that? why is it over already? MOAR!

I would really like to see this happen.
Ditto on the smaller artist list. Quaint is quaint.

its looking like it'll work better towards the end of the month.
can i have everyone who wants to play email me
[email protected]
thanks

Matthew Joseph Payne

Fair warning; we have a big chip show in SF on Aug 26th, and The Glowing Stars is playing the day before. smile

Electronically mailed.
smile