Indiana

Alright, so I posted about this in another thread, but that one sort of returned to obscurity before I could get an answer.

Here's the problem: when I sync two instances of LSDJ Master/Slave in live mode, the slave gameboy plays significantly quieter than usual, almost to the point its inaudible. Without touching the volume pot, when I play the same gameboy as Master it plays at normal volume and the other gameboy is quieter. This doesn't seem to happen when syncing in song mode either.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I get the feeling this problem is just some dumb mistake I'm making, rather than anything being faulty.

Unsubscribe

are the gameboys modded?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Also, how are you mixing the audio?

Indiana

I had each gameboy running into separate portable speakers. Both are backlit/prosounded. One was running out of the prosound jack; the other is RCA and was using the stock headphone jack. Each played quietly is Slave mode.

In both cases, when played without sync, they put out more than enough volume.

My first thought was that perhaps LSDJ mixes automatically somehow by limiting an overall db level sort of like what happens to the Wav channel when the Pulse channels are too loud, so when I would play second Gameboy it would come out quiet. I can't imagine that would be true though, because I had them playing on a totally different speaker, so it would have to be capping it internally which makes no sense.

Last edited by Fudgers (Jul 30, 2012 11:16 pm)

Unsubscribe

im just wondering if something is wrong with your mods, and when the 5v from the link goes from one to the other its fucking with the prosound mod on the affected dmg.

LSDJ doesnt do what your describing.

Indiana

That's totally possible. I'm gonna try it out on a couple stock DMG's and see if I get the same thing.

herr_prof wrote:

im just wondering if something is wrong with your mods, and when the 5v from the link goes from one to the other its fucking with the prosound mod on the affected dmg.

LSDJ doesnt do what your describing.

Indiana

Alright, so I've done some troubleshooting, and I think I've narrowed down the issue to a specific EMS card of mine. The problem only shows itself when that card is running as a slave in Live mode; doesn't seem to change with the Gameboy. I think LSDJ might be corrupted on it. Are there any issues with holding LSDJ on the second page of a 64m card?

Last edited by Fudgers (Jul 31, 2012 12:20 am)

Unsubscribe

Ive never heard it doing so, so the problem goes away when you run a different card in the affected gameboy? Still feel like its a electrical issue.

Indiana

Yep, runs totally fine with LSDJ on the other card. I've also tested the affected card of several modded and non-modded gameboys, and it's the same deal.

An electrical issue makes sense. What leads me to believe it's something with software is that Song mode syncing remains unaffected, and I would think the same signals would be coming in for that.

Last edited by Fudgers (Jul 31, 2012 1:35 am)

Unsubscribe

Maybe the current draw of the ems cart is different under certain modes or something. Pretty weird!

I am experiencing the same thing. Did loading LSDJ onto page two of the EMS card solve this issue?

Stockholm

Hi, I think this is a bug introduced in v4.3.3, should be fixed now in v4.6.9. Sorry about that.

Last edited by rolemodel (Oct 18, 2012 6:33 am)

Austin, Texas

4.6.9 is out??? yikes

matt's mind

yup, the 14th!!!

4.6.2 is still latest stable

Indiana

Glad this question got some justice!

For the record, the card I got to work is running a different version of LSDJ than the affected card.