Westfield, NJ

A ~30 min. mix of dubstep, bass and chipmusic I did at [Cr]ooklyn Bass Throwdown on July 28, 2012.

http://www.mixcloud.com/Decktonic/deckt … throwdown/

A quick tracklist:

Lazer Sword - Fubu
kraettz - Slasher
Decktonic - Z-Saber (feat Jake Allison)
KODEK - FILTHYAZMYSCHWETTYP4N75@6-00AM
Decktonic - Seppuku Bot [unreleased]
MONODEER - Tubelights
Koan Sound - The Edge
Cheapshot - Where
NNNNNNNNNN - Fuck Yeah NONONONO -Los Angeles-
DJ Cutman & Benjamin Briggs - Powerglove (Decktonic Remix)
Posij - Empty Lungs
Skream - Phat Head
Rustie - Hover Traps
Zedd - Shave It (501 Remix)
Unicorn Kid - True Love Fantasy feat Talk to Animals
Mr Flash - DOMINO PART A

enjoy!

p.s. if you guys really want this on your ipods I can upload it to Soundcloud later.

The Hollow Earth

Getting excited just looking at the track list! Thanks for posting this, will definitely check it out.

Abandoned on Fire

Nice, need download fer sure!!

Also, I miss kraettz sad

Last edited by egr (Jul 31, 2012 11:27 pm)

Westfield, NJ
egr wrote:

Nice, need download fer sure!!

Also, I miss kraettz sad

Me too.

I will upload to Soundcloud in the morning when I have better Internet access at work smile

England

kraettz is here now! offer yourself to him!

http://chipmusic.org/kraettz/music/prof … m-custodum

yeah download please - i dont want to be attached to an internet connection to listen to music

Melbourne, AU

The first 20 mins of that mix were awesome.

Westfield, NJ

Yeah I admit things got a bit dumb toward the end.

I promise I will upload this in one hour! smile

Westfield, NJ

Download is here!

http://soundcloud.com/decktonic/deckton … 12/s-dAyx4

enjoy!

detroit

fun mix, dude.

Seattle, WA US
egr wrote:

Also, I miss kraettz sad

Me and the dude were supposed to do a collab!! Haven't heard back from him in quite some time though, he told me he was really busy with things

Seattle, WA US

And just for the record, I think its pretty weird that you're mixing non-chip in with the chipbass. Doesn't really make any sense to me

Westfield, NJ
boaconstructor wrote:

And just for the record, I think its pretty weird that you're mixing non-chip in with the chipbass. Doesn't really make any sense to me

to me there is no reason why the two have to be kept separate. also the show was a mix of chip and non-chip so I figured it fit nicely.

Seattle, WA US

Yeah its just making the chip sound a lot less good in comparison

Westfield, NJ
boaconstructor wrote:

Yeah its just making the chip sound a lot less good in comparison

Totally disagree, some of my favorite dubstep songs were made with chip hardware. They might be lacking in sub bass but I like that gritty sound. I chose these songs because I think they stand up in comparison.

To each his own and I understand where you are coming from tho!

Last edited by Decktonic (Aug 1, 2012 11:13 pm)

The Hollow Earth

I don't think there's anything wrong with mixing chip and non-chip bass music in the same set. If you like the style, you're going to be listening to both anyway, aren't you? And there are plenty of bass/garage producers who use both styles simultaneously, i.e.-Ikonika.

Seattle, WA US

The sound design of chip just can't even come close in comparison to that of Koan Sound for example. I guess if you just want this to be for fun so you can listen on your headphones and whatnot, then knock yourself out. If you tried showing this to somebody who wasn't chip-savvy on an actual system, the differences would be too drastic to not notice and I think it takes away from showcasing what us chip producers have figured out how to do using our hardware