California
Lazare wrote:

I want to hear original solid chip music, like people using things like old computers and maybe even NES systems or SNES systems(if there are even programs to play these I'm not sure)

I just don't want to hear the same unce unce unce unce unce kick drum with the same 5 notes repeating for 6 minutes.

I don't think that's such a bad thing to ask for.

This is a bit of a shameless self-plug but most of my stuff isn't unce unce. I consciously try to stay away from it most of the time.

Last edited by VCMG (Aug 1, 2012 5:41 am)

Canada
Aeros wrote:
Lazare wrote:

Also treyfrey is all right, but just a little amateurish

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT

srs, someone go get saskrotch, he'd have a field day in this thread

I bought a couple of his CD's back in '08-'09 he made some nice sounding tunes.

VCMG wrote:
Lazare wrote:

I want to hear original solid chip music, like people using things like old computers and maybe even NES systems or SNES systems(if there are even programs to play these I'm not sure)

I just don't want to hear the same unce unce unce unce unce kick drum with the same 5 notes repeating for 6 minutes.

I don't think that's such a bad thing to ask for.

This is a bit of a shameless self-plug but most of my stuff isn't unce unce. I consciously try to stay away from it most of the time.

I'm checking it out now I'll let you know what I think smile

New Orleans, Louisiana

The unce is here to stay like it or not.

Philly, PA, USA

Ok, in light of being reminded that my personal rules about being a dick on this site have expired i'm gonna lay down some real shit

The way you are presenting yourself makes you look like a literal retard. You ask for melodic chiptune, you get melodic chiptune, you complain that it's too much like chiptune.

Now people say, go listen to some other shit and you're like Oh I want to hear stuff that sounds like original chip music.

You are really either just one of the saddest most bored people on the internet with nothing to do but troll people on a specialty music forum at 1 in the morning, or you're actually just one of the dumbest people capable of posting to an internet forum.

Like this is actually hilariously dumb. there is literally no continuity from one post to the next except that you keep disregarding what people are saying and something about "melodies." Seriously, just shut the fuck up and actually listen to some music before you say something that actually betrays how much of an idiot you actually are.

God I fucking hate people.
dixls irl

Last edited by pixls (Aug 1, 2012 5:43 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I was actually just about to say "vcmg". He's very melody oriented.

Savannah, Georgia
Lazare wrote:

if that's how you see chipmusic, then honestly you need to get your ears checked.

on the topic, i completely forgot Auxcide is absolutely amazing when it comes to melodic chip, chk diz out:
http://auxcide.bandcamp.com/

doubleedit: ninja'd! was about to say VCMG as well

Last edited by Aeros (Aug 1, 2012 5:44 am)

California

Oh, first track in the list is an unce track, but other than that there's only like 1-2 more in there.

Holy shit, I plug someone and then someone plugs me. This is turning into an orgy!

(Edit: thank you, Aeros)

Last edited by Auxcide (Aug 1, 2012 5:46 am)

Canada
VCMG wrote:

MY GOODNESS!

Magma Mountain is thoroughly enjoyable!

You are a very talented musician.

California

That's funny because Magma Mountain is technically an unce track.

Canada
Auxcide wrote:

Holy shit, I plug someone and then someone plugs me. This is turning into an orgy!

(Edit: thank you, Aeros)

I rather enjoyed Ellipse off of your release,

reminds of Robotech music big_smile

@vcmg: I'd call it dance. Unce is a lot faster.
My stuff could be called unce but it's slower. Usually only around 120.

@lazare: good taste tongue

Last edited by Auxcide (Aug 1, 2012 5:49 am)

Canada
VCMG wrote:

That's funny because Magma Mountain is technically an unce track.

When I say unce, I mean things like 180BPM unce

California

Then why didn't you like TreyFrey?

Philly, PA, USA

Do you even think about the things you say before you post them?

Canada
pixls wrote:

Ok, in light of being reminded that my personal rules about being a dick on this site have expired i'm gonna lay down some real shit

The way you are presenting yourself makes you look like a literal retard. You ask for melodic chiptune, you get melodic chiptune, you complain that it's too much like chiptune.

Now people say, go listen to some other shit and you're like Oh I want to hear stuff that sounds like original chip music.

You are really either just one of the saddest most bored people on the internet with nothing to do but troll people on a specialty music forum at 1 in the morning, or you're actually just one of the dumbest people capable of posting to an internet forum.

Like this is actually hilariously dumb. there is literally no continuity from one post to the next except that you keep disregarding what people are saying and something about "melodies." Seriously, just shut the fuck up and actually listen to some music before you say something that actually betrays how much of an idiot you actually are.

God I fucking hate people.
dixls irl

I fail to see how I am contradicting myself like you present me to be in this argument.

I think you are just a little upset by my reaction to the general chip scene as it is,

I enjoy chipmusic and the sounds available from all the different varieties of chip out there, but there is more than one sound chip in the universe.