Savannah, Georgia
Lazare wrote:
VCMG wrote:

That's funny because Magma Mountain is technically an unce track.

When I say unce, I mean things like 180BPM unce

Canada
VCMG wrote:

Then why didn't you like TreyFrey?

Like I said I enjoy a couple of tracks here and there, but I'm not going to lose my mind over it, or listen to an entire album,

again no offense but I feel the same about your music, a couple of tracks are fine in moderation, but I couldn't sit an enjoy a full album listen at once.

Not trying to be mean sad

Savannah, Georgia
Lazare wrote:

it's not that you're trying to be mean it's that you're not trying at all

Philly, PA, USA

I couldn't give two shits about what you think about the chip scene.
I just think it's actually the dumbest thing that you're coming here and posting the way you are.
Like you keep saying "there's more than one sound chip" etc have you even looked on your own for music you like? there is so much fucking music out there. You're acting like the only thing you can listen to is squarewave game boy music.

Like seriously just use your fucking brain for a bit before you decide to post something

Boulder, CO
Lazare wrote:

I think you are just a little upset by my reaction to the general chip scene as it is,

You killed Blip Festival didn't you?!?!

Savannah, Georgia

OH SHI-

Canada
Aeros wrote:
Lazare wrote:

it's not that you're trying to be mean it's that you're not trying at all

What does that even mean?

pixls wrote:

I couldn't give two shits about what you think about the chip scene.
I just think it's actually the dumbest thing that you're coming here and posting the way you are.
Like you keep saying "there's more than one sound chip" etc have you even looked on your own for music you like? there is so much fucking music out there. You're acting like the only thing you can listen to is squarewave game boy music.

Like seriously just use your fucking brain for a bit before you decide to post something

I actually don't think that's what I'm acting like but you're entitled to your opinion,

I'm simple stating I'd like to hear a wider variety of chipmusic

and since this is chipmusic.org

I figured this would be a good place to directly ask the locals.

New Orleans, Louisiana

I think you need to listen to more chipmusic, that's all I can say.. I guess.

Gosford, Australia

i make unce
fuq da h8rs

Philly, PA, USA

Ok well the simple fact that you've decided making a thread instead of actually going out and finding music, which is stupidly easy by the way, means you are acting the way I'm saying.

This is chipmusic.org you made a thread complaining about how artists don't use melodies.
So basically, you come here, whine like a little bitch, and then keep saying dumb shit in response to every recommendation you get.

MAYBE you would be better off going and looking through the music available to you on your own since everyone else clearly just doesn't know what's good music.

Edit: fucking ponies.

Last edited by pixls (Aug 1, 2012 6:00 am)

Savannah, Georgia

a wider variety? okay fuck it, proper grammar time.

God damn it, if you want a wider variety of chiptune/chipmusic, look around. Check our releases section. Google it, for God's sake. Not all chip is trance or dance music like you seem to claim. In fact, the only reason a human being would make a thread like this is because they're too lazy to look it up. And hell, initially we tried helping, but now you're just going off on a tangent, slowly insulting every last bit of the time and effort we put into our work. While I'm at it, chipmusic.org is NOT a My Little Pony forum - don't plaster your mutated cartoon horses all over everything, people are quite frankly getting sick of it.

k i'm done

vancouver, canada

ok instead of commenting on semantics or your oddly defensive/dismissive posts, i'll just say that i know what you mean, i am an absolute sucker for melody-oriented chipmusic, so watch me namedrop a bunch of artists that i think do "melody" better than anybody else:

4mat
cTrix
chibitech
George & Jonathan
virt
zabutom
Maxo

and i take great pains to ensure that my music is some of the most heavily melody-oriented stuff out there: http://www.soundcloud.com/bryface.  in fact, based on what you say about your preference for, somehow, "chip that is not chip", i practically GUARANTEE that you will dig it, otherwise i don't know what to do for you son.

you've got some listening to do.

The Bronx

Listen to more crashfaster, 6955, sylcmyk, Neil Voss and Cheap Dinosaurs.

Philly, PA, USA

listen to more owl city

fucking lol at this whole thread

Canada
bryface wrote:

4mat
cTrix
chibitech
George & Jonathan
virt
zabutom
Maxo

googling and researching and bookmarking now

minusbaby wrote:

Listen to more crashfaster, 6955, sylcmyk, Neil Voss and Cheap Dinosaurs.

also these,

and minusbaby you've got some really solid work, both on the music, and visual side of things smile

hiding under your bed

Critical Strike
Malmen
SAVESTATES
Je Mapelle
Chipzel
Anamanaguchi(?)
Roboctopus
Sabrepulse
Big Giant Circles

EDIT: ahaha, criticalstrike was uploading most of his stuff to 8BC a while back, just searched for him on here and all that came up was his cover of the MLP cupcake song.
The irony.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Aug 1, 2012 6:15 am)