Joliette, QC, Canada
nordloef wrote:

Its in 80 because your emulator is in game boy color mode. Change it to DMG mode and you'll be able to go down to 40 bpm.

THIS !

KC

is there a manual/tutorial somewhere on bgb stuff like how to save settings, load ROM at start up, load save files,etc.

I looked on youtube just found vids of people playing games and other crap, Im new to emulators
and YES I used the search function here but didn't find what I was looking for.

can you load files from where you left off or do you have to complete a song in one run?

NC in the US of America

Wow, I never would have guessed that DMG and GBC had different tempo capabilities.
Since I am currently unable to get to BGB at the moment I'd like to ask... does having the emulator in GBC mode vs. DMG mode alter the sound output? I'm told that this is the case with VBA (I don't know if it's just placebo or what, but I thought I heard a difference when I tried switching between them), but is this the case with BGB also?

Sweeeeeeden

Grymmtymm, quick lesson:
Right click the window to load a ROM or access settings. (You may want to change the keyboard configuration.) The ROM you load will be the equivalent of a cartridge and BGB the equivalent of a Gameboy. If your ROM file is called lsdj.gb, a file called lsdj.sav will be created which contains your song data. You can create a second "cartridge" by copying lsdj.gb to a new file, say lsdj2.gb, which will then get a sav file called lsdj2.sav and so on. The data will be saved automatically just like on a real cartridge. In case you haven't noticed it, LSDj also has a file manager for saving multiple songs on one cartridge.

GBC's can't go lower than 80 because they're made for thrash, guys

Rochester, NY

well that last question definitely could've been solved by reading the manual

KC

@Nitro, yeah I noticed how it creates a .sav file and saves it automatically.

and I know how to load the ROMs with right click, but say for instance, I want it to remember the color scheme and what not, plus open a .sav file that I had previously been working on but didn't finish.

Is this where Lsdj manager comes in or can I do that with bgb?

uhajdafdfdfa

you just put the sav file in the same folder as the gb file and it loads it automatical

edit: i believe

there might be a thing in the menu to load your saved game or whatevr

Last edited by ant1 (Aug 2, 2012 6:22 pm)

KC

you mean put it in the same folder as the lsdj.gb file?

yeah that didn't work.....

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Aug 2, 2012 6:26 pm)

NC in the US of America

For it to load automatically, the .sav has to have the same name as the .gb file.

I don't know how knowledgeable you are, but it seems like you're under the impression that you can only have one song per sav? I think you can have up to 16 songs per sav. Maybe I'm missing something.

If your lsdj.sav has been renamed, try copying your lsdj.gb and changing it's name to the same thing that your renamed lsdj.sav is, and load that rom.

And don't just rely on the autosave. Save your stuff deliberately from the load/save menu of lsdj.

KC

like I mentioned, Im completely new to the emulators and have somewhat new to lsdj, I've used it on carts but never on an emulator.

figured Id try an emulator to save some batteries and make it a little easier.

and I did go to the project screen and save it that way but still no go when I tried to reopen it.

Edit: Ah ha! that did it thanks!

so can you have more than one song within each file?

or do you have to have a seperate .gb & .sav file with the same name for each song in order to do that?

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Aug 2, 2012 7:52 pm)

NC in the US of America

While

SketchMan3 wrote:

I think you can have up to 16 songs per sav.

I definitely know that you can have more than one.

This is my save/load screen:

Each line is a different song. All from one lsdj.sav

Edit: The answer is in the manual, and I suggest you brush up on the wiki http://littlesounddj.wikia.com/wiki/Little_Sound_Dj as well.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 2, 2012 8:12 pm)

KC

I didn't look there because I figured it was something to do with the emulator, which I know pretty much nothing about.

up to now I've pretty much been just a hardware kinda guy.

but I guess I will now!

NC in the US of America

There must be something here that can help you.

Also, bgb.html is the readme file.

Gosford, Australia

you can have as many songs as you can fit into BF blocks, colour scheme/font selections are saved per song iirc (so one song can use a different colour scheme to another).