KC

Ok maybe Im just being dumb but I just downloaded LSDJ v. 4.6.7 and Im using it on bgb.

So Im new to emulators and LSDJ in general but I cant get the tempo to go lower than 80, what up wit dat?

Gosford, Australia

should be 40 minimum, but you can change the groove from 6/6 to C/C to get half-time

KC

its not letting me go below 80 making me have to use more phrases than I want to

cant figure out how to change it

Savannah, Georgia

LSDJ only seems to go to a minimum of 80 BPM on emulators. just uploaded the 4.6.7 rom to my DMG a couple weeks back, the tempo hit 60 just fine. perhaps an issue in emulation?

Last edited by Aeros (Aug 2, 2012 5:29 am)

Gosford, Australia
Grymmtymm wrote:

its not letting me go below 80 making me have to use more phrases than I want to

cant figure out how to change it

how does the tempo affect how many phrases you're using? :\

KC

the difference between being forced to use whole notes instead of half, which is what I should be using which would let me use less phrases

KC

mainly because Im transposing a piece directly from sheet music

Seattle, WA US

double the space between notes

Gosford, Australia
boaconstructor wrote:

that's what he's currently doing, i think.

grymm if you want to transcribe things as they are into LSDJ then try what i first suggested. so if you want 76bpm, for example, make the tempo 152bpm and change groove 00 from 6/6 to C/C, that makes everything half time (tables still run at 1/1 though so this makes your tables twice as fast, effectively)

KC
Victory Road wrote:
boaconstructor wrote:

that's what he's currently doing, i think.

grymm if you want to transcribe things as they are into LSDJ then try what i first suggested. so if you want 76bpm, for example, make the tempo 152bpm and change groove 00 from 6/6 to C/C, that makes everything half time (tables still run at 1/1 though so this makes your tables twice as fast, effectively)

yeah thats what I am doing and trying to avoid, don't really feel like using one whole phrase for just one note.

Gosford, Australia

you're doing something wrong, then.
it should be EXACTLY the same as writing in the halved tempo with the default groove.

if you want to make a note play for more than a 16 semiquavers at whatever groove you have to make a new phrase anyway.

Last edited by Victory Road (Aug 2, 2012 9:12 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

yes CHANGE THE GROOVE TO C/C LIKE YOU HAVE BEN TOLD

sweden

Its in 80 because your emulator is in game boy color mode. Change it to DMG mode and you'll be able to go down to 40 bpm.

Gosford, Australia

^ or that lol

sorry if i came across as patronising, i just really felt like i was failing to communicate :V

Last edited by Victory Road (Aug 2, 2012 10:55 am)

Rochester, NY

Ah, so that's why we could never go below 80... our PSPs use a GBC emulator so that... everything makes sense now...

Thanks guys

KC
nordloef wrote:

Its in 80 because your emulator is in game boy color mode. Change it to DMG mode and you'll be able to go down to 40 bpm.

Thanks!