The Bronx

Why you gotta work for the man, though?

Tacoma WA

shitwave or nanovoice

I'm also curious how you expect to pay for any alternatives with cash; unless you want something free; in which case a good choice is Famitracker.

uhajdafdfdfa

paragon 5 doesn't make gameboy music unfortunately in the version a members of the public can get

it just makes gameboy sounding music

edit: DEFLEMASK can make real gameboy music onna PC

Last edited by ant1 (Aug 3, 2012 12:31 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada
ant1 wrote:

paragon 5 doesn't make gameboy music unfortunately in the version a members of the public can get

it just makes gameboy sounding music

edit: DEFLEMASK can make real gameboy music onna PC

Totally forgot Deflemask !!! This tracker really needs to get more attention !!!

Austin, Texas

Deflemask is the bomb, but doesn't run well on OS X or a virtual machine at this point in time.

I might try to run the linux version on OS X, but I don't know how that'll go…

Another problem Deflemask has (which will be fixed in the next version according to Delek) is that GBS export isn't 100% compatible with many emulators (though it's compatible with hardware). Specifically, the vol envelopes are a little...wonky.

Other than that, Deflemask is a pretty great free option. And I've never used LSDJ, but I imagine it's a bit weird tracking music with like 8 buttons and no mouse.

Last edited by cak (Aug 3, 2012 6:55 pm)

Tacoma, WA

Why has know one mentioned LGPT yet?.... LGPT is really good alternative to LSDj for folks running emulators on PSPs or other such devices...
http://littlegptracker.com/

Joliette, QC, Canada
Vellain wrote:

Why has know one mentioned LGPT yet?.... LGPT is really good alternative to LSDj for folks running emulators on PSPs or other such devices...

It's on a couple of handhelds...but it have nothing to do with gameboys !!!

Tacoma, WA
XyNo wrote:
Vellain wrote:

It's on a couple of handhelds...but it have nothing to do with gameboys !!!

True... but he was just asking for some alternatives to LSDj or Nanoloop... though you can't very easily have it put on a gameboy does not mean that it is necessarily a bad tool for making music... was just trying help...

Tulsa, OK

Gameboy Camera ftw

Sydney, NSW
Saskrotch wrote:

LSDJ is only like 2 bucks

Got my ROM from Johan for ten cents because I had no money at all.
What what.

Grimsby, UK

anyonee know if any of these things can work in 3 time?

Austin, Texas

Some of them, like my ex girlfriend, only work in two-time. neutral

Russian Fedration. Moscow City

Drinking beer and wathc TV all day is a good alternatives to LSDj and Nanoloop as well

rasta_dan wrote:

anyonee know if any of these things can work in 3 time?

Most music trackers can simulate any time signature. You just have to know how to use certain effects like speed/tempo and note delay to your advantage.

Last edited by cak (Aug 5, 2012 4:03 am)