NC in the US of America

I'm not sure if this actually counts as chiptune because I don't know if the sounds were actually sampled from or intended to emulate retro sound chips, but it was made with trackers and does contain LOTS of chippy sounds, intentional or not. This experimental 2007 Freshman release comes from an online friend of mine that I met on a forum several years ago. I don't think it's gotten much by way of publicity, so I figured I'd post it here because I like it.

From the artist:
"My moody electronica EP. Everything was made with ModPlug Tracker/OpenMPT and VST plug-ins." -Litis

Keywords: electronica; electronic; music; rock; ambient; dark; instrumental
Stream and Download - http://archive.org/details/ABreezeFromHell

Track List:
1. Prisoner
2. A Breeze from Hell
3. Tunnels and Open Skies
4. Close Them and Never Open
5. As Time Flows
6. Falling Down
7. Sane Again
8. Help Me Cry

The musical stylings are as varied as the track titles. From contemplative chordings to synthetic metal riffing, from disturbing ear-shattering noises to a chip-concerto harking back to the days of Vivaldi (and maybe an homage to a popular duo of electronic artists?). It all comes together to tell the story of a man who has escaped his prison, but finds that freedom might be overrated...

What will be his fate?

Edit: I currently do not have contact with the artist.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Sep 20, 2013 4:26 am)

NC in the US of America

Posted this at a possibly bad time, so I'd like to give it a second chance at least 15 seconds of fame.

› Actual spoiler that you probably shouldn't read until after you've already appreciated the album

Also, updated OP with a better description.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 9, 2012 2:33 pm)