buffalo, NY
Frostbyte wrote:

Like, tubes to the speaker?

Lol like 6L6s or EL34s.  Tubes were something they used before transistors, and now have found a market in guitar amplifier because of the smooth gain staging they have when overloaded

Retired

Draw a perfect triangle for the wave channel

danimal cannon wrote:
Frostbyte wrote:

Like, tubes to the speaker?

Lol like 6L6s or EL34s.  Tubes were something they used before transistors, and now have found a market in guitar amplifier because of the smooth gain staging they have when overloaded

Word, I have an old music man tube amp, shit's LOUD. I was just wondering how the hell you'd throw them in a DMG hahahaha, guess you meant that they're in the amp, not the gameboy itself. You run your gameboys through tube amps?

Portland, Oregon
Frostbyte wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

Word, I have an old music man tube amp, shit's LOUD. I was just wondering how the hell you'd throw them in a DMG hahahaha, guess you meant that they're in the amp, not the gameboy itself. You run your gameboys through tube amps?

That would make more sense. I can't imagine how you'd fit an entire tube into a DMG.... I've put a gameboy through a tube-complimented amp before and it sounds spankin though.

buffalo, NY

Honestly I think running a DMG through tubes for 'warmth' is snake oil. The whole aesthetic is cold hard transistor perfection anyways.  Seriously, it's a stupid idea.

And this is coming from a guy who plays through a great tube amp for guitars.

Chicago IL

why dont you guys just turn the low end knob on the mixer up

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Saskrotch wrote:

why dont you guys just turn the low end knob on the mixer up

Solarbear wrote:

I've noticed that my low end knobs on my mixer hardly affect my sound.

Milwaukee, WI

Gotta turn it farther.

Like, to eleven.

NC in the US of America

Fargo

My guess to why your mixer isn't affecting the low bass sound you want is that Behringer's EQ may be set for higher than you want.  The deep bass frequencies you'll want to boost are 50-60 Hz.  Some low end EQs can be set at 100-200Hz, which can add more of a low-mid type sound.  The closer you get to 400-500Hz, the boxier things start to sound.  If your low EQ is a shelf, then it should be boosting everything below it's setting too, in which case your problem may be better fixed with dynamics and changing your waveform like others have mentioned.  The underclocked gameboy specifically for bass intrigues me.  It would make writing more complicated, but it would make things sound so much better.

You need to learn how to mix your tracks inside of the Game Boy if you wanna get good sound on a system/ with your mixer. It's that simple. PU1 and, a PU2 usually don't go above 6X in volume for me, and it makes things a lot easier when recording, playing live, etc.

melbourne, australia

love getting good low end

Portland, Oregon
SketchMan3 wrote:

lmao

Seattle, WA US

All about that wave channel sound design and leveling.
helps if you're actually producing on a subwoofer as well when you're familiar with the sub's frequency range. you're essentially guessing otherwise in regards to which low-end frequencies you're going to be hitting, being that you don't have anything particularly made to change those in LSDJ.
I suppose once you became very familiar with each of the wave forms you would be able to tell where they should land on the spectrum based on the shape and regarding the note you're playing it at... but I think that would be pretty hard

buffalo, NY

Yeah, I should definitely mention that I often arrange with a subwoofer, and that really helps