Hey, this is a track i've been working on could you give me some feedback

Thank you!

http://soundcloud.com/imheadingforabomb … world-with

NC in the US of America

Cool. The rhythm is much better now big_smile. And your phrasing has really improved. It actually sounds like rock music.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 15, 2012 11:50 am)

SketchMan3 wrote:

It actually sounds like music.

I agree.
Do i see potential? Yes, now i do.

Harrisonburg, Virginia

From 0:50 on it's pretty damn good. I think cutting the section from :40 to :50 would really help the song feel more cohesive. Also, though you probably wanted a short song, I think you could really go somewhere with the last section and possibly work it back around to the section at :50 which I think is your strongest section.

Sorry if any of that's too vague to help. tongue

Last edited by Russellian (Aug 15, 2012 3:29 pm)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I'm shocked at how cohesive it sounds. Good percussion changes. Hm.

NC in the US of America
Russellian wrote:

From 0:50 on it's pretty damn good. I think cutting the section from :40 to :50 would really help the song feel more cohesive. Also, though you probably wanted a short song, I think you could really go somewhere with the last section and possibly work it back around to the section at :50 which I think is your strongest section.

Sorry if any of that's too vague to help. tongue

I'm just curious... do you think :40 would sound better with a more "normal" beat, instead of the kick and snare going at the same time? Maybe the change from laid-back-beat to BLAST-BLAST-BLAST is too abrupt? I thought it was kind of cool myself, but I'm no master arranger.

I agree about it being able to continue from the last part, but that's just personal preference for me. Maybe a "tunnel part 2" is in order? smile

I think the first part would be stronger if it had some bass added after a couple measures, instead of just the lead and drums the whole time. I wonder what kind of bass would fit their, though...

Still, this is a major improvement. Keep going in this direction wink

Harrisonburg, Virginia
SketchMan3 wrote:

I'm just curious... do you think :40 would sound better with a more "normal" beat, instead of the kick and snare going at the same time? Maybe the change from laid-back-beat to BLAST-BLAST-BLAST is too abrupt?

That's what I was thinking, because it goes laid back>BLAST>breakdown really quickly. Listening to it again, I can see the appeal, but I think it's the meandering melody mixed with the sudden blast beat that kinda throws me off, you know?

SketchMan3 wrote:

I think the first part would be stronger if it had some bass added after a couple measures, instead of just the lead and drums the whole time. I wonder what kind of bass would fit their, though...

THIS. But I have no idea what bass would fit, either. hmm

NC in the US of America
Russellian wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

I'm just curious... do you think :40 would sound better with a more "normal" beat, instead of the kick and snare going at the same time? Maybe the change from laid-back-beat to BLAST-BLAST-BLAST is too abrupt?

That's what I was thinking, because it goes laid back>BLAST>breakdown really quickly. Listening to it again, I can see the appeal, but I think it's the meandering melody mixed with the sudden blast beat that kinda throws me off, you know?

SketchMan3 wrote:

THIS. But I have no idea what bass would fit, either. hmm

Yeah, I see what you mean about the blast beat. Hm. I guess 8am after an all-nighter clouds one's judgement a bit, lol...

As for the other thing, the only thing I can think of is for the bass to just harmonize with the lead (maybe a fifth? Making it an inverted power chord?). Or just do an octave lower. Or maybe even just play an octave lower, but with the notes drawn out twice as long.

I'm Heading For a Bomb Shelter, I hope you're taking notes! The list of wrongs has significantly decreased, lol.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
SketchMan3 wrote:

I'm Heading For a Bomb Shelter, I hope you're taking notes! The list of wrongs has significantly decreased, lol.

SIGNIFICANTLY decreased. Good job on this one. smile

Savannah, Georgia

you're actually making pretty damned promising music now.

didn't expect that.

I feel cool cause I told him I saw potential before. He just has to work at it and not rush. cool

Tulsa, OK

I saw a sparkle, and this is the first flame smile

WHEN WILL OUR TRACK COME OUT!??

EDIT: im also glad to see a good response to a CC thread now big_smile

Last edited by Jake Allison (Aug 15, 2012 11:39 pm)

JAKEY, OUR BABY IS GROWING UP KINDA.

Auxcide wrote:

I feel cool cause I told him I saw potential before. He just has to work at it and not rush. cool

Auxcide= Top Bloke big_smile

Jake Allison wrote:

I saw a sparkle, and this is the first flame smile

WHEN WILL OUR TRACK COME OUT!??

EDIT: im also glad to see a good response to a CC thread now big_smile

Thanks!

Sorry bro i'm so sick at the moment, i've been at home for 3 days sad

As am i! i feel respected

Aeros wrote:

you're actually making pretty damned promising music now.

didn't expect that.

Thanks Man!