Austin, Texas

Your records sound good by pretty much all standards, I seriously keep wondering if Best Coast ripped your recording style off.

Okay, I'm kidding about that part, but my point is that it sounds great. smile

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:
Tim wrote:

Thanks for another great collection of songs. I would love to read a blog post or something on your recording and production techniques.

Thank you, I would love to do that actually, I kind of feel like it would be a little embarrassing considering my fairly amateurish recording style, but I love reading about how people record/mix/etc. and if folks are curious about anything I'm happy to oblige.

Please do. I have so many questions.

Seattle, WA
HANDGUN FANTASY wrote:
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:

Thank you, I would love to do that actually, I kind of feel like it would be a little embarrassing considering my fairly amateurish recording style, but I love reading about how people record/mix/etc. and if folks are curious about anything I'm happy to oblige.

Please do. I have so many questions.

+1. I love the way your recordings sound. I'd love to hear details, no matter how "amateurish" they may seem to you.

Brazil

Hey JAK, your songs reminds me a little of 90's indie stuff.

Monsters is clearly bossa nova, was that on purpouse?

And sorry to say that, but I still prefer Computer Savvy. tongue

Rouen, FR

Wow. This is really good, excellent work, sir ! I'm still waiting for a J. arthur physical release though...

I'd definitely like to know more about your recording / mixing habits, even if 95% of the job is to know how to listen I guess.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Marry me.

Utah

Hmm, I'm undecided on whether or not I like it, but the lyrics are top notch and the overall feel is quite elegant. Very well done.

Ontario, Canada

Well then, I'll have to start thinking about how I would go about that writing a thing about how I record, should be fun, of course if anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask away.

Subway: Yes, it was very much on purpose; I've fallen deeply in love with Brazilian music over the past 1.5 years or so, Caetano Veloso, Gal Costa, Novos Baianos, Joao Gilberto, Jorge Ben, Os Mutantes, Nara Leao, Jobim (of course), Tom Ze, etc...I'm also fairly into '90s indie/alt rock/whatever stuff, so that makes sense.  And that's okay, I've started to like Computer Savvy myself, though I wasn't too fond of it at the time of it's release.

10k: There's nothing I want more in this world than to live with you on the sunny shores of Australia in marital bliss.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I suddenly remembered this record again a few days ago and it's the best thing ever I think.

Ontario, Canada

Now available for free until my new album comes out on August 10th -- go go go