Fargo

These songs are great!  I don't mean this as a criticism in any way, but Southern Accent reminds me the slightest bit of Dr. Mario. These bunch of songs are exactly what I love and what I'd like to do myself eventually.  I love incorporating chipmusic with other styles and vice versa.  You've done a great job of that.  I wish I played guitar.  I chose the drums and never realized as a kid that I wouldn't be able to play once I started renting property sad  Oh well, I can always learn!  I can't wait to listen to this while driving.  It seems like some great cruising music.  Once again, (can't say it enough) great job on this!

Ontario, Canada

Thanks Krubbz, I know exactly what you mean actually, I've totally noticed that too, I think it either calls for a lawsuit or a mash-up dance remix, or possibly both.  It's never too late to learn guitar, It's very easy once you get the hang of it; I would give you my crummy electronic drum kit that no one ever uses if we weren't such a distance away.

Michigan

no one will ever be as good as you. you know that right?

Austin, TX

You have a real good voice. heart

J. Arthur. Mangs.

Robotcity, the year 20XX

i wish I made these songe. Awesome big_smile

rochester, ny

did you play the horn parts too?

Vienna

"Monsters" is so haunting.

shanghai

you sir as i say always are a brilliant songwriter. this is beautiful, concise and just great. i just got back to shanghai from the beach in thailand.....this is soothing my brain as i get stoned. bravo sir. i love it.

Ontario, Canada

Thanks guys, Nick: Yeah, I played all of the live horns on Southern Accent, but there are also keyboard horns all over that song, I imagine the difference is pretty obvious.

Philly, PA, USA

There was a question that arose that I'm not sure if it was answered.
We weren't sure what was meant by a southern accent

Since you are canadian it could be a southern canadian accent, but I held that since you are canadian, then everything is south of you, so a southern accent is just any accent other than your own.

Tell is what is the right answer Mr. Band

pixls wrote:

There was a question that arose that I'm not sure if it was answered.
We weren't sure what was meant by a southern accent

Since you are canadian it could be a southern canadian accent, but I held that since you are canadian, then everything is south of you, so a southern accent is just any accent other than your own.

Tell is what is the right answer Mr. Band

this is the best post and i am also curious

Last edited by an0va (Aug 25, 2012 9:35 pm)

Ontario, Canada

The answer is that the southern accent is really just the way that I myself talk, because if you go south far enough you end up right back where you started.  Case closed.

North Carolina

Thanks for another great collection of songs. I would love to read a blog post or something on your recording and production techniques.

Philly, PA, USA
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:

The answer is that the southern accent is really just the way that I myself talk, because if you go south far enough you end up right back where you started.  Case closed.

#deep

Ontario, Canada
Tim wrote:

Thanks for another great collection of songs. I would love to read a blog post or something on your recording and production techniques.

Thank you, I would love to do that actually, I kind of feel like it would be a little embarrassing considering my fairly amateurish recording style, but I love reading about how people record/mix/etc. and if folks are curious about anything I'm happy to oblige.