Ciudad de méxico, MX

the title says it all.

I need a good gameboy emulator, for use with LSDJ rom in Mac Os Lion.

Thanks in advance for your help.

uhajdafdfdfa

the lsdj website used to recommend kigb didn't it? http://www.bannister.org/software/kigb.htm

fukdat get gambatte

Last edited by Battle Lava (Aug 19, 2012 12:13 am)

Massachusetts, USA

I use VisualBoy Advance on Snow Leopard, it works okay but the sound isn't all that great.

São Paulo, Brazil

Ernesto, KiGB is the best you'll get.

New York

+1, KiGB works great for me, it sounds remarkably similar to an actual gameboy.

I've heard BGB is good as well

Last edited by Parallelis (Aug 19, 2012 2:59 am)

KiGB is great

Austin, Texas

BGB is the absolute best and most accurate emulator going these days, but only runs on Windows currently. I have it installed in my Windows virtual machine just for references and utility.

I used to use Gambatte, but have switched to KiGB because I found it easier to use and of comparable or better emulation quality.

Riverside, CA
Telerophon wrote:

BGB is the absolute best and most accurate emulator going these days, but only runs on Windows currently. I have it installed in my Windows virtual machine just for references and utility.

I used to use Gambatte, but have switched to KiGB because I found it easier to use and of comparable or better emulation quality.

I've been able to run BGB under Wine pretty easily.
Just wish it wasn't closed source, it's a great program. Shame.

Austin, Texas

The developer of BGB is pretty regular on #gbdev on EFnet.

He's a pretty cool dude, too; I'm sure he'd be glad to answer your question or argue about politics with you any time. tongue

EDIT: Also, as I recall, some of BGB at least was based on research done by NoCash for NO$GMB, although I don't remember where I heard this or how this notion got into my head, so forgive me if that's not factually accurate.

Both emulators, BGB and NO$GMB, include powerful debuggers; this makes them extremely popular with homebrewers and hackers like us.

There's also a DOS version of NO$GMB, which is great if you have a relatively useless old computer you're comfortable repurposing into a dedicated tracking and dev machine.

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 19, 2012 11:32 pm)

Ciudad de méxico, MX

thank you for your help guys heart

kigb is awesome

Bristol, UK

Has anyone managed to load a sav in kigb on mac 10.7? If so, how? I can't seem to find a folder to put the sav in?

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 10:49 pm)

Canada
Evil Scientist wrote:

Has anyone managed to load a sav in kigb on mac 10.7? If so, how? I can't seem to find a folder to put the sav in?

If I remember correctly, you should put it in home folder>Library>Application Support>Bannister>KiGB>Battery RAM.
If it doesn't exist, create it. Sometimes it can be finnicky.

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 11, 2012 5:02 am)

Evil Scientist wrote:

10.7 and higher hide the library folders in user (ex users/blahblah/library/applicationsupport)  took me days to figure this out.

use the terminal to show all hidden folders. pull the bannister folder into your sidebar or dock. then hide the folders again.

Last edited by 9H05T (Nov 11, 2012 6:15 pm)