The Rubber Man

Hehehe, I had to look for a cool model (as original as possible) for quite a long time but.......
YESSSSS, I have got it finally! wink

Very good condition, standard 020 CPU, some harddisk and 10Mb of RAM.
No acceleration cards, no sound-cards. wink
Classic. Yeah.

That's what I didn't have in my collection, to the moment. smile

And yesssss - it worx! wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ3fRSrhGUA

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Sep 25, 2012 8:11 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

yay! \o/ it will be good to hear the music you makes with it... but never give up AY yikes

I like this

Moncton, Canada

hah this is awesome

washington

Rad, I want one! What program are you using on it?

Savannah, Georgia

i thought this was going to be an amiga 1200 port of titan's wonderswan demo

i was disappointed

Last edited by Aeros (Aug 19, 2012 11:27 pm)

The Rubber Man

Ant1, Heosphoros, Kommisar, Basspuddle, thx guys. Well, I have various machines and I still make mainly the AY chiptunes, so worry not. wink As for the program, it is a Polish piece of software - DigiBooster 1.7 (higher versions are for higher CPUs). There are no other programs with independent volume for every channel (of 8) that support a standard CPU (Motorola 020, 14Mhz). One day I will also test the AHX-Tracker (4ch but for chiptunes). smile

New York City

Welcome to the elite, Yerz tongue

Holland

AMIGAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Nice YERZ.

washington

You make me feel so ghetto, I've been making chiptunes on an emulator. big_smile

The Rubber Man

Akira: hahah, it took some time, didn't it? wink
Well, A500 can play 8ch too but actually without volume commands (a pity).
So i _had_ to check out the 1200 finally. wink

Xylo: thx dude. smile maybe I will be able to compile with it some bigger Amiga-related set of songs. I have 2 already, actually.

Basspuddle: Well, the truth is, I also was using mostly emulators for several years (of course recordings have been taken from real hardware every time).
Only with Atari Falcon 030 songs I was using the real machine for making music.
But while work on "ZX81" album I found something I lost for many years - a pleasure of working with real ancient hardware. An incredible thing. I totally forgot it. So now - when I bought the A1200 - I don't want WinUAE at all. wink
And who knows, maybe next year I'll do something bigger for Atari STe. wink (For regular ST we already made some stuff).

Greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Y

Bratislava, Slovakia

Congratulations, it was my first Amiga and i want it too, ideally with Blizzard 1230/50 Mhz, lots of RAM, CF card. I composed on it soundtracks for games The Strangers (beat em up) and Napalm (realtime strategy), many demos, musics for disk magazines. I remember that one my friend made for me sampler Ramikola, which was capable to sample up to 56 kHz in mono and one MIDI interface in serial port, great smile

Holland
YERZMYEY wrote:

Akira: hahah, it took some time, didn't it? wink
Well, A500 can play 8ch too but actually without volume commands (a pity).
So i _had_ to check out the 1200 finally. wink

Xylo: thx dude. smile maybe I will be able to compile with it some bigger Amiga-related set of songs. I have 2 already, actually.

Basspuddle: Well, the truth is, I also was using mostly emulators for several years (of course recordings have been taken from real hardware every time).
Only with Atari Falcon 030 songs I was using the real machine for making music.
But while work on "ZX81" album I found something I lost for many years - a pleasure of working with real ancient hardware. An incredible thing. I totally forgot it. So now - when I bought the A1200 - I don't want WinUAE at all. wink
And who knows, maybe next year I'll do something bigger for Atari STe. wink (For regular ST we already made some stuff).

Greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Y

Working on the actual hardware almost always beats emulators. I just love the sound the old machines make when you use the keyboard. heart

Fr

Cool ! But don't forget AY/YM tongue

The Rubber Man

Martin:
> Congratulations, it was my first Amiga and i want it too, ideally with Blizzard 1230/50 Mhz, lots of RAM, CF card. I composed on it soundtracks for games The Strangers (beat em up) and Napalm (realtime strategy), many demos, musics for disk magazines. I remember that one my friend made for me sampler Ramikola, which was capable to sample up to 56 kHz in mono and one MIDI interface in serial port, great smile
-------------
Yupp, I have a sampler too. smile But from the old times. wink And it still works! wink
Well, 50Mhz CPU would be better for quality of sound. wink (Software mixing). I could use then the DigiBooster 3. But it's faaaar too expensive - and wouldn't be so oldschool. wink

Xylo:
> I just love the sound the old machines make when you use the keyboard.
--------------
Hehehe. wink True. wink (Except ZX81 - there's no sound from keyz;) ).

Ultrasyd:
> Cool ! But don't forget AY/YM
------------------------
Thx dude. wink  wink
And of course I there's no reason to abandon AY. wink Actually I already sent some song for the SillyVenture 2012 party. http://sillyventure.eu/

Nomad's Land

hehe congrats on your new aquisition, man. demo track sounds great already, looking forward to whatever else you'll come up with it.

i've got two 1200s but they both need fixing and i never get around to doing something with amiga anyway hmm