IL, US

or it could just be because i have it set to do a short crossfade on switching clips...which isnt centered on the cut, sadly, as midi cannot predict the future by half the duration of the fade wink
id say try it yourself, only way to be sure

New York City

It's really hard given its low production number. I would gladly rent one if I could. But I heard these latency problems everywhere.

Godzilladelph

i carry my 8bit stuff in an old wool hat my friend knitted for me. been thinking about upgrading to a top hat though

IL, US

yeah, they mustve not made too many, mines serial number is below 2500 and i got it when they were discontinuing...tbh, the bigger issue i have with it overall is that it doesnt do any keying (neither chroma nor luma)..still a good piece of hardware...have you checked into the edirol video sample players maybe? they seem to be a similar concept to the kaptivator, but i havent really looked at them much myself

New York City
e.s.c. wrote:

yeah, they mustve not made too many, mines serial number is below 2500 and i got it when they were discontinuing...tbh, the bigger issue i have with it overall is that it doesnt do any keying (neither chroma nor luma)..still a good piece of hardware...

I only need to use it like a video MPC.

have you checked into the edirol video sample players maybe? they seem to be a similar concept to the kaptivator, but i havent really looked at them much myself

Hmm interesting, not really sure whiuch ones you mean, I guess the P10 which is the only one remotely looking like a kaptivator.
It's not available here therefore unavailable for trying either. sad

Milan, Italy

lol guys.. aren't you a little OffTopic?

New York City

Better to discuss interesting gear than knit socks and game boys tongue

IL, US

haha, yes..i think gear talk in the what you carry your gear in thread is a fair tangent smile
yeah, the p10, is the one..in some ways may be nicer than a kaptivator (SD card instead of HDD for example), though you only have one monitor, not two...
well, if youre ever in chicago, get in touch, ill let you try out the kaptivator

also: i need to stop looking at it, or ill be tempted to get a p10 too after ive offloaded my spare gear (the fact that it plays audio as well could be nice for vocal samples linked with synced visuals)

NorthTtrrrway

the type of wool you are using to knit these socks is interesting for my vj set-up.
what type of wool is the best to use?
does it have some waterproof qualities or is it an early model (young sheep) with thinner hair?

New York City
the mist toggles wrote:

the type of wool you are using to knit these socks is interesting for my vj set-up.
what type of wool is the best to use?
does it have some waterproof qualities or is it an early model (young sheep) with thinner hair?

I think they are made with scandinavian pubes

NorthTtrrrway

aim achieved smile

Montréal

don't have any pictures yet but I'm using this:

you can remove some part of the foam so it fits exactly your gear, really useful smile