London, UK

Here's a discussion i've not read a lot in the community. Many of us travel a lot for shows, locally or abroad - and we typically travel with a lot of expensive or even rare/irreplaceable equipment.

For the past few years i've used a combination of a laptop backpack & a small crappy wheeled flight case, to lug around my laptop, gameboys & various controllers - but i'm considering investing in something a bit special that's not going to put dents + knock knobs/sliders off my gear...

What do you use, and what bags/cases would you recommend?

Unsubscribe

Right now im using a gator case with power supply:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toilville/4349346080/

I want plug and play rockability... might swap out mgb and that voicebox for a micro mod though.

☺☺☺

i have a shitload of padded nylon zipper cases that ive accumulated that fit each piece of live gear i have (mixer, game boys, synth,laptop) and gigantic suitcase for all my circuit bent gear (its either bring it ALL or none tongue)

herr_prof has the right idea.....i would like to get a pedalboard+keyboard stand for instant gear-to-stage action, would make life easier

astral cat

a really big gameboy bag, it's like the size of a small briefcase, fits all my stuff nicely and it's padded smile

IL, US

pelican flight case for my main live setup, though ialso collect numerous types of laptop bags/hard cases for my gear, as well as having a pedal board, small rack case & a coffin case for my video gear....im all about protecting my gear at this point

If I ever needed to i'd probably use a turntable/records flight case. They seem pretty sturdy and most of them are aluminium, so lightweight too? If you were walking to a gig with one of those to the side you might get the eye from some dodgy people though!

Plymouth, UK

Meh, I use bags that are lying around, my pocket and some "Really tidy useful boxes©" from Staples which are really good for packing loads of stuff in. Good for small journeys/storage, bad for flights.

Last edited by 2xAA (Feb 24, 2010 6:39 pm)

☺☺☺
Dweeble wrote:

If you were walking to a gig with one of those to the side you might get the eye from some dodgy people though!

yea in shifty areas ive kept my setup backpack size just incase shit goes down, dont want to be a walking gear tree from which you pick fruit from tongue

Last edited by Emar (Feb 24, 2010 6:40 pm)

England

i just use a sock.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Holds my power strip, mixer, compressor, reverb and kp-3.

Although with all the flights and trips through security that rig will be retired soon. And since i will probably no longer be performing w/ a kaoss pad,
the case will be obsolete. but a nice little set up none the less.

5 cables total when setting up..
1. open case
2. plug power cable into wall
3. plug 2 gameboy's into 2 1/8" cables
4. Plug in 1/4" outputs to DI's
5. Rock thy faces off.

East Kilbride, Scotland

I use these handmade cases for Game Boys.

http://www.tonogb.com/

astral cat

i also have one of these http://www.tonogb.com/ . they fucking rule! but they don't hold my whole gear haha

Last edited by an-cat-max (Feb 24, 2010 7:33 pm)

Large video camera cases work extremely well.

Last edited by Flopps (Feb 24, 2010 8:15 pm)

hardcore, Australia

Fits two gameboys perfectly.

Of course, then my setup grew, so now it rather appropriately holds a sammichSID.

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:31 am)

Central-ish VA

If it's raining, I put a towel on top too.