))<>((

^^^ I want one of those cases.

Melbourne, Australia

I like using the original clear nintendo DMG box thingys.

London, UK
2PLAYER wrote:

This (i get a lot of weird looks on campus and just as many "hey thats awesome!"s )

I found those things terrible, barely any space with all the dividers!

As for the pelican laptop overnight case, I checked out the video on pelican's site, and it looks like the compartment inside isn't padded (has no foam)

Also, with regards to coffin/flight cases and the like - i'd be very worried about taking those things to other countries, you'd get picked up by immigration as a musician in a flash. Ask anamanaguchi why this isn't something you'd want to advertise wink

this is a bit of a downer....

i'm specifically looking to put my akai apc40 ableton controller in whatever case - something like this might fit the bill

http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/UDG/ … oogleBase/

Last edited by Sabrepulse (Feb 25, 2010 9:15 am)

York, Yorkshire
TmTgr wrote:

I have two of those!  They're OK I guess.

I've been hoping to find something similar to the soft case/sleeve I just got for my Dell Mini 9

Of course, they don't make one for the DMG01.  But maybe if there's a modern device of a similar size?  Any ideas folks?

Last edited by BitPop (Feb 25, 2010 10:58 am)

IL, US
Sabrepulse wrote:
2PLAYER wrote:

This (i get a lot of weird looks on campus and just as many "hey thats awesome!"s )

I found those things terrible, barely any space with all the dividers!

As for the pelican laptop overnight case, I checked out the video on pelican's site, and it looks like the compartment inside isn't padded (has no foam)

Also, with regards to coffin/flight cases and the like - i'd be very worried about taking those things to other countries, you'd get picked up by immigration as a musician in a flash. Ask anamanaguchi why this isn't something you'd want to advertise wink

this is a bit of a downer....

i'm specifically looking to put my akai apc40 ableton controller in whatever case - something like this might fit the bill

http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/UDG/ … oogleBase/

haha yeah, i was going to try playing overseas last summer, but couldnt figure a good sneaky way to do it as far as the electribe in time to work that out, none of the other gear for that setup looks like musical equipment

Rhode Island

Well the GBs are just for carrying around campus and writing. No live shows at the moment, but when there is I play my bass not GB.
@sabre: ya there really isn't a lot of space available in it. I plan on doing some reconstruction on the inside and maybe throw some other equipment in there

Wheeling, WV

I keep all of my chip related stuff in this little, red Masters of the Universe duffle bag. It's shifty, but it does the job.

Cambridge, MA

Hahaha, Beware's setup is great.

Los Angeles
Sabrepulse wrote:

i'm specifically looking to put my akai apc40 ableton controller in whatever case

I just use my laptop backpack now. fits my apc, laptop, gb, wires etc. carry it on the flight, no hassles (other than security checkpoints)
It's nice to have something that can be a backpack when everyone heads out to eat after the gig so you don't have loads to carry.

I used to use a flight case and a backpack when I had more live gear, thing is it was over complicated for little payback. Last gig with that setup was seattle, walking through the folklife crowd made my arms want to fall off. smile

Baie-St-Paul

We use a flight case that permanently houses two NES', a Game Boy, power strip, and a 10 channel rack mixer (we use 8 channels.) All cables are super short and/or zip-tied to fit perfectly. (foam cut outs hold everything in place. you can kinda see the layout in this pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/retronics/4423167259/ )
It's super sturdy and makes setting up/breaking down extremely easy. Plug in the power strip and the two XLRs out of our mixer and we're good to go. Doesn't take up a lot of room, and when we're drunk and packing the van, we can drop if on the floor without messing anything up wink

Last edited by Ary (get dat lunch) (Mar 24, 2010 6:58 pm)

NYC

Just got this bag and it keeps my laptop dock, video mixer, fans for laptop, PS2 USB controllers, 2 usb drives, 15-inch laptop and a ton of cables and power bricks.

Minneapolis

I got a lil' plush case from an old Minolta camera which fits my beloved GBP perfectly, like a glove, with a little front pocket for some spare batteries. But... my other gear usually goes into cardboard boxes, especially those really heavy duty ones from Cub Foods. I can pack every last bit of Apple IIgs gear I have into one of those crates, and the other one for other misc. techy toys. I have a large box from concession stand nacho chips (classy!) that holds my Neo Geo MVS and a slew of shoeboxes, mostly from Nunn Bush and Sketchers which hold everything else. It's easy enough to move my gear when I actually need to, which is not so often. Mostly just those times when Low-Gain and Co. want to borrow some IIgs gear or when I go to a gamers night and bring the Neo.

New York City

Milan, Italy

LSDJ Carts + Jack/RCA Adaptors + 1 spare gameboy

2 Gameboys

all the other things (NDS, cables, mixer, effects) are inside a backpack.

IL, US
BitPop wrote:
TmTgr wrote:

I have two of those!  They're OK I guess.

I've been hoping to find something similar to the soft case/sleeve I just got for my Dell Mini 9

Of course, they don't make one for the DMG01.  But maybe if there's a modern device of a similar size?  Any ideas folks?

oh suggestion http://www.tonogb.com/
i shouldve read that earlier

hhhhnnnnnngggggggggg

i keep my stuff in an ammo box ill take a picture sometime