NY/CA

hey guys! how about a vj thread to discuss - uh - vjing? :-)

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

inb4 tv death squad

Dublin, Ireland

Yes. smile

I'm just starting into VJing at the moment, have only really messed about with QuartzComposer and GrandVJ(Which I don't have anymore).
Waiting on a dingoo and a pocket VBLANK in the mail.

Can anyone advise on an alternative to the hideously expensive video mixers that seem like my only option at the moment?
I'm putting together a simple dirty mixer now, but that's no good.

Last edited by iNFOTOXIN (Jan 8, 2010 5:57 am)

The Bronx

Yeah, we need a Pixel Art section, too. totes noted!

FERNDALE, MI, USA
iNFOTOXIN wrote:

Yes. smile

I'm just starting into VJing at the moment, have only really messed about with QuartzComposer and GrandVJ(Which I don't have anymore).
Waiting on a dingoo and a pocket VBLANK in the mail.

Can anyone advise on an alternative to the hideously expensive video mixers that seem like my only option at the moment.
I'm putting together a simple dirty mixer now, but that's no good.

what are you going to run on the dingoo?

Tokyo, Japan

No carriers presentation at blip was really awesome and the V4 does seem to have dropped in price a little recently?

Dublin, Ireland
octavialsilver wrote:

Not entirely sure, it can always change. I was thinking glitchNES maybe, OR SQJ until I get a GBA Transverter sorted.
In retrospect, maybe I should of gone for a gp2x.

FERNDALE, MI, USA

i was thinking of getting a gp2x for pikix, but im getting the pikix for ps2, which looks massively sexy.

NY/CA

i have developed for the gp2x (which is what i use to vj along with the gba) and though i don't have a dingoo from what i read development should be about the same - plus a faster processor i think. so should be fun. is there a wiki or similar describing the development tool chain for it? oh and if the author would allow someone to use the source code, i think pikix would be fairly straightforward to port to dingoo as well. disclaimer: i don't have one so i can't really do much to help now :-)

New Jersey

Super Joy III + Tin-foil = Pro VJ

Los Angeles
paris wrote:

hey guys! how about a vj thread to discuss - uh - vjing? :-)

I agree... Visual Arts though... put it all into 1 bucket for now.

Middlesbrough, UK

Agreed.  in the mean while, check out my new and beautiful custom VBLANK  chipsets first test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh-rh7Nny5g

Los Angeles

Just for you Paris.... and minusbaby ... Added new category: Visual Arts

Visual Arts -> Motion Graphics
Visual Arts -> Tacos

New York City

VJs? Are those the guys that control the flashy lights?

Unsubscribe

i think its the pixel wall.

NYC
iNFOTOXIN wrote:
octavialsilver wrote:

Not entirely sure, it can always change. I was thinking glitchNES maybe, OR SQJ until I get a GBA Transverter sorted.
In retrospect, maybe I should of gone for a gp2x.

I started with pikilpita and glitchNES with customized palettes, now i'm using 2 laptops. One with all the emulators (SQJ, pikilpita and glitchNES), second laptop takes video out from there and edits it live or using captured footage imports it into grandVJ and gets mixed from there. You'll find a set up that works for you, if you wanted to use grandVJ i know they came out with a 250$ mixer that works with its own software and the grandVJ platform, I'm picking one up this month ill post how it is.