http://soundcloud.com/jotie/all-aboard-the-vengabus

I would really, I mean reeeeaaaally like some CC on this track.
Remix of one of the most horrible/amazing songs in the world.
Warning: 160 bpm remix.

I have a few hunches, but I don't want to influence the CC. So I'm gonna see what's said, look if it matches my thoughts, and ask if you agree with my perspective afterwards.
If this thread lives that long, which it probably won't.

Busy since January this year.

Inb4 Boom boom boom by RoccoW was better

Chicago IL

it kind of sounds like everything that's wrong with this scene, honestly

Utah
Saskrotch wrote:

it kind of sounds like everything that's wrong with this scene, honestly

Saskrotch, boyeeeeeeeee!

As for feedback, it just seemed like either the notes or instruments or pulse channel tuning is off, which distracts me from giving more
Specific feedback.

Brunswick, GA USA

The kick loses 4x4 feel on the verses, and lacks the build-and-drop feel of the original song. Otherwise, the notes are there, and seem to be correct.

Last edited by chunter (Aug 31, 2012 11:59 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

are you syncing it with tap tempo or something? the tempo is a bit shakey. but it is funny and accurate cover of the original thing

chunter wrote:

The kick loses 4x4 feel on the verses, and lacks the build-and-drop feel of the original song. Otherwise, the notes are there, and seem to be correct.

Yeah, the drums on the verse are different, it's really odd ( 1 2 Kick 1 2 3 Kick 1 2 3 4 kick 1 2 kick) and on 160 bpm it just sounds terrbile imo.
The percussions don't change which makes it even more shaky.

Now that you mention it, the build-drop has dissapeared, yeah

Brunswick, GA USA

You'll get it with practice

it's really good.

here's the little things i noticed.. 

at 25s the beat sounds like the "game" is freezing

and then again at 30s

the first couple notes of the melody at 36s don't sound true to the original but then it picks up at 38s back to what i would expect

the beat "freezes" again at 1:15

at 1:26 i like the variation on the original melody

the beat lags again at 2:07

..this sounds exactly like i would expect someone playing a video game with this song in the background to sound.  i think you did an awesome job.  i was caught off guard by the melody at 36s but then it comes back in as recognizable.  i really like the variation at 1:26, i'm not sure if that was actual notes or just harmonics.  for the delays/lag/freezing sounds it could be your computer or system which could happen, or a couple notes could be just a tiny bit off.  thanks for sharing.

Brooklon

Good effort but are you running this through an emulator on, like, a Nokia 3210? You are getting crazy amounts of lag which makes it pretty much unlistenable imo.

Bristol, UK

On the plus side the lag distracts from the horrible happy four on the floor stuff.

Gosford, Australia

the harmony parts are definitely incorrect, i would know because this my very favourite song and i listen to it 24/7

Victory Road wrote:

the harmony parts are definitely incorrect, i would know because this my very favourite song and i listen to it 24/7

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori … amafry.jpg
Not sure if sarcasm or just really Vengaboy,....

On the other hand electric likes the "variation" which was just plain errors. Took them out. Scaled them all a major fifth down, but some needed only 6 semitones.

Recording is terrible. Sadpanda used my own recording of "Beastie Boys - Girls", I can't for the life of me understand why he didn't want the .Sav file instead to record it himself. My soundcard is the stuff nightmares are made of.
Silent, laggy,...