Hey guys, I just did a remix of my favorite Mord Fustang tune. I'm really trying to get better at understanding mastering and production and whatnot in order to get clean thick sounds...If you could listen for that and tell me what you think I could do to improve the sound (or what's already strong, that would be helpful too), that'd be awesome smile

Also, I hope you enjoy the song! It's a pretty fun one, I must say. That's why I covered it haha.

http://soundcloud.com/frostbyte-aptget/ … unreleased

washington

Sounds very professional! Some chipmastering I've heard is really mid-heavy, which just sounds terrible to me. This is nice and balanced, but still has more than enough bass to get the job done. big_smile

Maine

i agree with puddle very professional sounding! all balanced and nice sounding nice work!

Thanks guys! I'm glad you think so smile I'll keep it all in mind when I master future stuff. I think the trick is to not go overboard with what you do to it wcause ya a pretty balanced sound in the first place. For this I only cut a little bass, EQ'd out the whine, and limited the track.

Westfield, NJ

that's the trick... master in-medium, don't fiddle with it too much afterward!

shanghai

definately true. good job. i am getting a new ep mastered now, the tracks i have gotten back sounds awesome, crisp and wide but not overdone. I tried somewhere else and it was totally wall of sounded.Such over the top mastering it sounded fucking dreadful. The place doing mine now said they try to be as restarained as possible as long as the mixdown they have is decent enough.  Basically just bringing out the shine is the trickand limiting those nasty frequencies lurking about if you use too much reverb like me haha