Hey guys, i've been working on this Demo for a while now taking into consideration all the advice i've been given

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8l80qxg5ez5exv5

Streaming: http://soundcloud.com/imheadingforabomb … le-demo-1/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ImHeadingForABombShelter

Bandcamp: http://imheadingforabombshelter.bandcam … astle-demo

Thanks for listening and thanks to Nog Records, Pory, Blake, Ryan Rayquaza, Michael Brown and Matthew for helping me with this. Thanks to the guys on cm.o 10k, 9-heart, Auxcide. Bit Wish, Frostbyte, Jake Allison and a ton more!

Most of all too Sketchman3 for helping me find my full potential

Last edited by I'mHeadingForABombShelter (Sep 11, 2012 6:41 am)

Awesome chipgrind album. Vocals were pretty well done and the instrumentals were never boring. Rainbow Road was one of the few covers that I have ever liked. Gary's Bulbasaur and Good Luck With Sephiroth were my favourite. Will be listening to this demo a lot of times before I die.

Philly, PA, USA

I'm glad video games

Sydney, NSW

Man, you've seriously improved. But I'm still not quite feeling it... Dunno, just can't put my finger on it.
Perhaps try listening to shitbird for some inspiration, I feel as if barry has reached a zen point with his vocal mastering.

1) thanks!

2) ?

3) thanks, any ideas on what you dont like about it?

Sydney, NSW
I'mHeadingForABombShelter wrote:

thanks, any ideas on what you dont like about it?

I think it's the mastering and effects on the voice. Try taking out the low end a bit and ramping up the high end? I've never mastered vocals before but that's what I think shitbird does.

pixls wrote:

I'm glad video games

I think he meant the Video Game related song titles. I'm also not really a fan of those, i like more original titles that are catchy.
The Intro kinda back'd me off once it started, was like "Ah, not Stove Sex all over again", guess it was a mockup off the Evolution Theme in Pokémon, right?
Anyway the Rainbow Road Cover after this is well done. Awesome Blips combined with the real Sound, great Combo. But i also hear what Chainsaw Police is going for, the Vocals -> They don't sound naturell. More like bad quality or if like you would use a bucket with a microphone at the end and scream in it.
So what really needs a Improvement next ist Mastering- and Recording Quality for the Vocals.
The rest of the demo is again a little bit weaker. A little bit unstructured, to much KickDrums and not really melodic. I like'd the Metapod Track too, but the rest is forgettable. Not only because of the music, also 'cause of the song titles.
I mean common, if i had to mention "Good Luck With Sephiroth, I'm Going To Viridian Forest To Hang Out With Some Bug Pokemon" here, i would say "the Sephiroth Pokémon Track".

So, that's my little conclusion for this demo.

Last edited by 9-Heart (Sep 1, 2012 9:28 am)

Chainsaw Police wrote:

thanks, any ideas on what you dont like about it?

I think it's the mastering and effects on the voice. Try taking out the low end a bit and ramping up the high end? I've never mastered vocals before but that's what I think shitbird does.

ahh kay

9-Heart wrote:
pixls wrote:

I'm glad video games

I think he meant the Video Game related song titles. I'm also not really a fan of those, i like more original titles that are catchy.
The Intro kinda back'd me off once it started, was like "Ah, not Stove Sex all over again", guess it was a mockup off the Evolution Theme in Pokémon, right?
Anyway the Rainbow Road Cover after this is well done. Awesome Blips combined with the real Sound, great Combo. But i also hear what Chainsaw Police is going for, the Vocals -> They don't sound naturell. More like bad quality or if like you would use a bucket with a microphone at the end and scream in it.
So what really needs a Improvement next ist Mastering- and Recording Quality for the Vocals.
The rest of the demo is again a little bit weaker. A little bit unstructured, to much KickDrums and not really melodic. I like'd the Metapod Track too, but the rest is forgettable. Not only because of the music, also 'cause of the song titles.
I mean common, if i had to mention "Good Luck With Sephiroth, I'm Going To Viridian Forest To Hang Out With Some Bug Pokemon" here, i would say "the Sephiroth Pokémon Track".

thanks, my mic is awful but glad you found it better than my old shitty stuff XP oh and thanks for sticking by me

9-Heart wrote:
pixls wrote:

I'm glad video games

as for the names of the tracks i will shorten them for next time.

Tulsa, OK

I like it, but it seems too soon for another album, I was not hungry for some new material yet

Puerto Rico
9-Heart wrote:

Helpful opinion.

as for the names of the tracks i will shorten them for next time.

Sentences as titles is badass, the problem is, well,

pixls wrote:

I'm glad video games

Jake Allison wrote:

I like it, but it seems too soon for another album, I was not hungry for some new material yet

yeah, i was just really eager to get positive feedback for once, now that i have i'm taking a short break

i don't really see a problem with video game titles but oh well

Last edited by I'mHeadingForABombShelter (Sep 2, 2012 6:28 am)

orange county, CA

i just think the whole video game titles is so over done. like when people who don't know what chip is,  they always assume/say this. "you make pokemon music?" or "you mean like music in pokemon?" so it's just out played and annoying and such now. i'd say, stay as far as away from video game resemblance as possible.

DataFix wrote:

i just think the whole video game titles is so over done. like when people who don't know what chip is,  they always assume/say this. "you make pokemon music?" or "you mean like music in pokemon?" so it's just out played and annoying and such now. i'd say, stay as far as away from video game resemblance as possible.

oh, hai datafix, yeah i know what you mean ive been mistaken for a pokemon cover band many times.

orange county, CA

oh haaaaaaaaay. hahaha. yeah, see, doesn't it get old and obnoxious? that's how others see it as well and usually wont end up caring for something like that.