kelso washington

i have finally made a tune of mine but im having one problem: HOW DO I RECORD THE SONG! i have no idea how to record the sound from my gameboy onto the computer i have a head phone jack on my gameboy but how do i record the sound onto my computer?

California

Just use a 1/8" cable going from the headphone jack into the laptop's line-in/microphone jack.

Last edited by VCMG (Sep 4, 2012 4:08 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

You need a male to male cable. It connects the gameboy to the computer's line in. Then you need a recording program. Best free choice is Audacity. (Use Google)

uhajdafdfdfa

i couldnt find the amazing almight nerdolf tutorial of 8bc so i just made a new one it's not as god though

Last edited by ant1 (Sep 4, 2012 10:30 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

i have a nother tip:  if it is the first song you have ever made, maybe you don't really need to record it

バード大学
ant1 wrote:

i have a nother tip:  if it is the first song you have ever made, maybe you don't really need to record it

Cambridge UK

If you don't know how to do it, maybe you shouldn't do it.

Detroit, Michigan
ant1 wrote:

i couldnt find the amazing almight nerdolf tutorial of 8bc so i just made a new one it's not as god though

Do i need a dell?

England

i have an unbranded PC sad

Last edited by Jellica (Sep 4, 2012 1:14 pm)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

lsdj v4.6.6.6

ant1 wins the internet yet again.

Helvetica Scenario wrote:
ant1 wrote:

New Albany Indiana
ant1 wrote:

maplins!

Austin, Texas

holy shit this thread.

Serious Response: Just record it from BGB right now, that'll be way easier to get a "clean" recording from if you don't know how to use Audacity.

Last edited by Telerophon (Sep 4, 2012 7:12 pm)

Lexington, KY

BGB is DEFINITELY the way to go... IF you can upload your sav to your computer.

And for the record, if you don't know how to record... You SHOULD record. Doing is the best way of learning.

Last edited by Solarbear (Sep 4, 2012 7:37 pm)

Austin, Texas

Even recording directly from line-in is kind of tricky sometimes because of the way the Game Boy handles mixing Center, so starting from an accurate emulator like BGB is a good step.

Chicago IL

i'm always amazed at peoples inability to just figure this one out. especially now that everyone's got an ipod and a car with an aux input.