How do you guys run your game boys live? Mono or stereo?

I was thinking about maybe remixing my lsdj songs down to mono for playing live. That way i'll have a consistent sound with any venues pa whether its a stereo pa or mono. I'm going to be running my game boys into a small mixer then out to a pa. With mono I wouldn't have to worry about a venues pa being stereo or mono. Or should I just stick with stereo?

Thanks

São Paulo, Brazil

If you live in Sao Paulo, that might be a good idea. Because 99% of the sound technicians here suck and the soundsystem is always mono.

Chicago IL

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/pissbox

Washington / California

I have my stuff down to a single mono channel because I run it through an analog filter, not because of any pretension, but because that's what I have in the way of external effects at the moment.

Czech republic

This is good point if you want mono. On the other hand - you don't really need it if the reason for mono is bad sound tech...

Unsubscribe

Ive always meant to do mono versions cause stereo is the first thing that goes wrong with pas but Im lazy and a glutton for punishment.

Gosford, Australia

edit: nevermind there's a ruddy switch for the inversion on pissbox I'M A DOPE.

Last edited by Victory Road (Sep 9, 2012 2:32 pm)

sweden
herr_prof wrote:

Ive always meant to do mono versions cause stereo is the first thing that goes wrong with pas but Im lazy and a glutton for punishment.

This! Don't know how many shows this has happened.