California

Not sure if you're asking for more really hard Dreamcast games or not, but Ikaruga is an amazing shmup that's also amazingly hard. The Dreamcast version has better sound than the Gamecube version, too (not sure about the XBLA HD version though).

Planet Zaxxon

thanks for all the suggestions so far..

ive just been watching random gameplay footage from dreamcast games.. tech romancer and Ferrari 355 look awesome

I have played Rival Schools and I dig it.. along with sega rally 2 and the power stone games.

Also, Vanishing Point looks good too as well for a racing game.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Oh god. Dreamcast is my favorite system. So many good 2 player games as well as some stellar rpgs. Anywho, my favs, JGR, Shenmue, Rival Schools, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, Phantasy Star Online, The Typing of the Dead, Project Justice, Marvel vs Capcom, Crazy Taxi, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Unreal Tournament, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Chu Chu Rocket, Sonic Adventure, Quake 3 Arena, Power Stone, Sonic Adventure 2, Power Stone 2. Yeah. . .

Chicago IL

i'm getting real tired of you guys not backing me up on Rez

Planet Zaxxon

WELL HEY!!! if you bothered to read my first post.. i said, ".... suggestions other than rez, sonic, shenmue, etc" !!!!!! heart

Chicago IL

I DONT CARE THIS WHOLE THREAD SHOULD BE ABOUT HOW AMAZING REZ IS

San Diego, CA
Saskrotch wrote:

i'm getting real tired of you guys not backing me up on Rez

dawg chill I literally bought Rez HD because of this

and then I went and listened to the soundtrack from sonic r

because sega and blue skies and yes.

Westfield, NJ

I was very happy when Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Ikaruga and Crazy Taxi were released on Gamecube.

Also I played Chu Chu Rocket on Gameboy Advance.

I don't really belong on this thread tho.

Last edited by Decktonic (Sep 11, 2012 2:37 am)

Boulder, CO
Saskrotch wrote:

you guys, REZ

A million times, Rez. Still my favorite game of all time. I even purchased the damn soundtrack from Japan. It is the closest thing I've ever seen to a perfect game.

babylon

oh yeah, i remember this page helping me a lot.

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/best-und … cast-games

Chicago IL

there's also a bootdisc called bleem!cast (not one of the three pre-made ones), that'll let you play most PSX games on your dreamcast. BUT save doesn't work, so it's useless for most of them. also FMVs don't play. but it made spend some time trying to beat megaman x5 in one go (which never happened)

Joliette, QC, Canada
Saskrotch wrote:

there's also a bootdisc called bleem!cast (not one of the three pre-made ones), that'll let you play most PSX games on your dreamcast. BUT save doesn't work, so it's useless for most of them. also FMVs don't play. but it made spend some time trying to beat megaman x5 in one go (which never happened)

I have an original Metal Gear Solid Bleemcast and you can save ! but you need to format 1 complete vmu to save ! (to emulate psx's memory card)
Edit : Just re-read your comment...my bad ! :S

Last edited by XyNo (Sep 11, 2012 3:43 am)

Brunswick, GA USA

Rez is the greatest video game ever made, everyone knows this so there is no need to mention it.

Austin, Texas

Rez is the fucking jam and oh god why am I not playing Rez right now jesus.

Gosford, Australia

wasn't shenmue released on dreamcast? that game had hilarious voice acting

Brunswick, GA USA