Planet Zaxxon

I am not some video game master player by any means, but these Dreamcast games I try to play are super tough. I have the most difficulty with Dreamcast games than any other system.

For example, Jet Grind Radio. YIKES. The game's concept is awesome, and it looks amazing. But I can only beat the first level. GEES!

Yesterday I picked up Trick Style because it was cheap and looked awesome. And it does look great, and has a killer 90's rave/breaks soundtrack. But it is super hard to control your hover surfer smoothly. I will practice double hard when I play it tonight.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. HOLY COW. I am still laughing at this game, because you can be this tiny chihuahua in it. I did the best in this game out of the 3, and im usually not good at these types of games at all. (Vs. games like Marvel vs Capcom, etc.) It is super weird though, which is good.

I still love Dreamcast to death for crazy taxi, tokyo extreme racer, super magnetic neo,etc.. I tend to just like the racing or action type games on this system.

I would dig some suggestions to check out, other than the favorited/most popular ones like Rez, Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, etc...

Thanks!

Your pal,
O2star

Madriz, Supain

I love my Dreamcast because of that. I only ended the fighters.
JSR is awesome and it certainly aks you for high skills, but once you start breaking in, its worth the time. I never ended it tho, but I'm almost there. I havent touched the game for yonks, anyway.
The sonic game(s) are owsome too, grab a copy if you can.

Planet Zaxxon

I have the first Sonic Adventure, and am halfway through it.

Which reminds me, has anyone played Sonic Shuffle by chance? does it really compare to the Mario Party series??

melbourne, australia

I used to like project justice : rival schools
also sega bass fishing if you can get a rod controller

Last edited by ninjaspew (Sep 11, 2012 12:42 am)

Chicago IL

it's too bad you're not that into fighting games cause the dreamcast was one of the best systems for 2d fighters.

think i might play some jet grind radio now though

babylon

dreamcast is that hot hot. i would suggest typing of the dead if you have a keyboard . also radirgy, skies of arcadia, street fighter 3 third strike are some of my favorites. if you can take it online (easier said than done) phantasy star online is still played by many. oh and do yourself a favor and look for a vga cable online if you dont have one already, it makes a HUGE difference.  theres also a ridiculous homebrew scene for dc. maybe browse through dcisozone.com to get a feel for whats out there. the doom mods alone are fun as shit.

edit: spelling

Last edited by walter b. gentle (Sep 11, 2012 12:42 am)

Tokyo, Japan

I love Space Channel 5, it has a fantastic sound track. Also a big fan of House of the Dead 2, if only for the fabulous voice acting.

Chicago IL

OH SHIT GET REZ

also sega bass fishing and cosmic smash are surprisingly fun

Last edited by Saskrotch (Sep 11, 2012 12:48 am)

melbourne, australia
Lazerbeat wrote:

I love Space Channel 5, it has a fantastic sound track. Also a big fan of House of the Dead 2, if only for the fabulous voice acting.

yes

melbourne, australia

chu chu rocket

Joliette, QC, Canada

DREAMCAST !!! Totally one of my favorite console !!!
Get a keyboard and try Typing of the dead lol !
But seriously check out these games :
-D2
-Record of Lodoss War
-Blue Stinger
-Power Stone 1 & 2
-Headhunter
-E.G.G.
-Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
-Psyvariar 2
-Grandia 2
-Sword of the Berserk (if you are a Berserk fan !)

Blue Stinger was a horrible game at the time, but it has this "so bad/cheesy it's good" appeal to it today. It's like the B-movie science fiction approach to Resident Evil. Recommended.

Last edited by an0va (Sep 11, 2012 12:55 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada
an0va wrote:

Blue Stinger was a horrible game at the time, but it has this "so bad/cheesy it's good" appeal to it today. It's like the B-movie science fiction approach to Resident Evil. Recommended.

yeah the voice acting is horrible, but it's awesome this way...oh and big lol at that goddamn silly christmas song in the mall !

Chicago IL

you guys, REZ

IL, US

jet grind radio/jet set radio HD remake comes out next week on steam, xbla & psn...i used to play that game one or two times through a day before going out... ahh the fun of post-college, pre-job days

Brunswick, GA USA

Sonic Shuffle is worth playing once because some of its music is pretty but as a game it is a steaming piece of shit.

Ferrari 355 Challenge and the Le Mans licensed game were good (and deliberately difficult) as well

Eternal Arcadia (Skies of Arcadia) is a vanilla RPG but it's one of the few I've played to the ending.

Seaman gets old but everyone should experience it at least once.

+over9000 on Chu Chu Rocket

Sega Rally 2 because of "Kick some shit!/I don't wanna be in no muthafuckin accident" in E-rated game, and "Game Over, Yeaaaaaaaah!"

Tech Romancer is not your mother's Capcom fighter, should be experienced at least once if you can help it.