TSSBAY01

http://www.16bc.org/

sure, it looks toy, but theres bigger reasons to not use it:

In short: It appears that the creator of this 16bit collective project has deliberately attempted to (I can't think of a nicer way to put it) sabotage Shnabubula's Snesology website in order to coincide with the release of this site.

In the interests of good faith and fair play I will at first say that the creators of Snesology welcome any interest or collaborations in original SNES music and similar endeavors, and seeks in no way to compete with or deride any alternate projects such as this one. The reason for this post is because what has occurred is both very real and very consequential to the well-being of the Snesology projects and this budding community.

Here are the events as I understand it.

* William Kage submits a song to Snesology which gets posted.
* It is made known publicly and to him that Snesology is working on launching their website.
* According to the WHOIS dates, roughly a few days later, three domains snesology.org, snesology.net, and snesology.com were purchase by William Kage
* Shortly after, William showed interest in playing an admin/tech role at Snesology, but was turned down as there was no need for additional administration or tech. He does not mention at this time that he already owns the domains.
* A few days later, a purchase for snesology.org was made in an attempt to go live with the site. (This is when I started working on the project) It was then I became aware that the site had been recently purchased. Kage's personal info was on the domain WHOIS so we contacted him about it.
* Kage suggests he would like to handle all the domain-related tasks. After some discussion it was decided that he would turn all three domains over, but maintain control of the domain account itself.
* Because the domain transfer can only be done 60 days after a purchase, this situation set us back on our launch by two months. The date we can finally apply to transfer the domains is roughly right now.
* When I went to finalize the transfer, I noticed the password has been changed and I had no access to the domains anymore. I managed to reset the password and begin the transfer process of one of the domains, but I'm not sure how far along this process is. Basically we have no idea if we will get control of these domains in the end.
* While we wait to find out what will happen, 16 bit collective launches.

Thus I am asserting that Kage has subverted Sam's Snesology project and delayed it (and possibly disabled it) long enough to launch his own. A very troubling, unnecessary, and unprovoked development. As I said before, Snesology welcomes all the interest in the world, wants nothing more than to promote and continue Shnabubula's awesome vision and hard work, and does not feel compelled to compete with or have a rivalry with anyone else. I wish you the best in your new endeavors, but it simply did not have be be done this way.

I want to apologize if this post was a bad idea. I do not plan to respond in this thread or about this topic going forward, but I felt compelled to dispel any rumors, and clear up this confusion, and hopefully get our domains back so we can go live

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.ph … post882098

in short, fuck this website and fuck william kage. im making this thread not for flaming purposes, but for the purpose of spreading the fact as we know them about the guy who made this site. i have a feeling the site design will be enough to keep people away from it.

uhajdafdfdfa

horrid horrid horrid horrid horrid horrid horrid

edit:

-- the site doesn't work~ once i entered the forums there was no way of getting back to the home page without using the back button in my browser (yes, it's a minor gripe, but it's probably symptomatic of a crappy web designer).
-- it suggests there are only four tools to make snes music (two of which are totally incapable of making snes music).
-- it's called 16 bit collective but focuses only on one kind of 16 bit system (what does that remind you of heh heh heh)
-- the guy who started it seems to have Something Wrong With Him

Last edited by ant1 (Sep 13, 2012 3:05 am)

los angeles

>it looks toy

heh

wtf is going on in this thread

Lexington, KY
an0va wrote:

wtf is going on in this thread

Literacy test.

TSSBAY01

heres the monarch notes:

shnab and monobrow have been planning on making a site called snesology for long long times. said jerk registers the domains out from under them because he heard about it. monobrow, shnab & others tell him to relinquish the domain names to them so they can make their site. time passes. 16bc appears. this is their story.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
                                                                                            DICK WOLF

Rhode Island
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
                                                                                            DICK WOLF

moral of the story; watch law and order

Riverside, CA

Oh noes, I accidently 'liked' the page. sad
It's not showing up on my facebook so I can't unlike it.

tempsoundsolutions wrote:

heres the monarch notes:

shnab and monobrow have been planning on making a site called snesology for long long times. said jerk registers the domains out from under them because he heard about it. monobrow, shnab & others tell him to relinquish the domain names to them so they can make their site. time passes. 16bc appears. this is their story.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
                                                                                            DICK WOLF

oh damn, shit is dicks

Sweeeeeeden

I left comments on his and 16bc's FB pages. Let's see what happens next.

https://www.facebook.com/16bitcollective
https://www.facebook.com/willkage

TSSBAY01

hehe, we all should really. maybe if this guy wasnt camping their domains, and trying to put his own generic _bitcollective site into the mix (which looks toy), i wouldnt be quite so quick to make all this known.

Gosford, Australia

he says he's being attacked, that's kinda cute

You got me, I'm here! big_smile

Ultimately if you wish to make me out this way, you might just succeed, heh. I don't really have a lot of connections or credibility built up yet. I'm just being realistic. But the fact is, I have nothing to hide.

I made every attempt to make things right immediately (back in July) and have literally dozens of emails to the SNESology people (most of them unanswered).

Here's the last bit of info I have from you:
-- Kage: "Hey all, I just got a PW reset request. Who should I forward the link to? When you get in, please update the email to something other than mine." (I had stressed the importance of updating contact info, multiple times, previously)
-- Pro: "can you forward it to me. i thought i changed this already. weird"
-- Kage: (fwd to Pro)
-- Pro: "thx a bunch!"

...and that's it. You told me nothing of further hiccups. So this's kinda disappointing.

You know what? I'm actually gonna unpublish for now. You can still post whatever you like on my William Kage FB page. Besides, the site was clearly still under development, not fully functional and not a lot of content.

inb4 "his removal of the site proves he's guilty!" XD

I'd really like to sort this out first, because obviously the community is important to the success of the project. smile

Cambridge UK

Popcorn anyone?

Sweeeeeeden

Just wait until all three domains have been successfully transferred and there should be no reason for anyone to hate. Though, I'm wondering if, Shawn hadn't posted this thread etc, if the SNESology domains would've been mysteriously redirected to 16bc after a couple of weeks...