I'm BitReaper, or Sean, or both and I need you guys to do something that would be really helpful.
Yes, I am in school. Get over it. I'm doing a research project on how musicians create music and where they get inspiration from. I have been flicking through this site, and it seems to be an amazing community, plus I love chiptune, so I'm asking you to fill out a survey.
I'm not going to tell you how long it is going to take, as it will take longer as you're answers get more descriptive.
The survey is here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RKMWHG6
Thanks for your time.
(I apologise for my manner. I'm too used to the Youtube community, which is far too grouchy and unhelpful. Probably why I came to you people)
(Moderators: This is not for votes, this is for opinions. As for as I am aware I haven't broken any rules. Please inform me if this is not the case)

los angeles

i was never on it man

TSSBAY01

im over it

shanghai

how do you create a musics ?

Indiana

those your/you're 's -_-

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

You're still in school? Shit, there would be no way to tell from just that survey.

AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

You're still in school? Shit, there would be no way to tell from just that survey.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever.

To all who've done it, big thanks.

Chicago

I mean, I did it, but this obviously isn't youtube.

Cleveland, OH

What do you mean "you people"?

Scotland

Incredibly loaded questions, made huge assumptions and left no room for explanations when needed. Very amateur. Perhaps you should look at 'how to create a survey' before you use any of this information to imply anything about musicians.

I don't understand why surveys are more useful than interviews in this situation, as you're not compiling data or figures about anything, especially not in large enough numbers to create any useful statistics. Why not just interview people?

TSSBAY01

i did the survey, i hope it helps you

Austin, Texas

I took the survey. I do agree with Edward in some regards that the questions seemed designed to lead to certain conclusions.

If you're studying social science or statistics, perhaps you'll get more finesse for taking an unbiased survey from what you learn on this one. Good luck! smile

Tulsa, OK

I took it, it was okay

I hope it helps.

Gosford, Australia

see me after class

Philly, PA, USA

Yeah that's a kind of weird survey, but I guess it could help for your paper? Your questions seemed kind of dumb though tbh.

washington

I took it. Hope it helps. smile