Seattle, WA US

Just a friendly reminder from the folks at X-Bit.. feel free to post these up around your local coffee shops/record stores/American Apparel locations. If the persons who read this are truly hip, they will have no choice but to become a diehard fan of chip and will most likely brag about it to the vast majority of their friends.

If these sorts of people make up even the smallest percentage of your city's population, the size of your scene should grow exponentially within weeks.

Problem solved, you're welcome.

Milwaukee, WI

ok

Seattle, WA US
TSC wrote:

ok

glad we're seeing eye-to-eye here

Savannah, Georgia

i would actually do this if i had a life

edit: oh wait

Last edited by Aeros (Sep 17, 2012 12:04 am)

Chicago

this guy. I like your style mang.

California

gonna go post this on all the telephone poles in my town, brb

Austin, Texas

Telling myself I'm cooler because of chipmusic is how I sleep at night.

› Show Spoiler

Last edited by Telerophon (Sep 17, 2012 1:31 am)

New Albany Indiana

Sleep's for those who don't compose chip music.

Wait, i do my composing when im taking a dump, never mind i sleep.

New Albany Indiana

Wait, are you saying that all of you guys are hipsters?

Now looking back, fighterX was a hippser

Austin, Texas

Who is and isn't a hipster is essentially a question of semantics and dogma at the end of the day, but what I've learned is that no one actually wants to talk about that. tongue

That said, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would tell you I am a hipster. I wouldn't say I am, though.

Seattle, WA US
Bit wish wrote:

Wait, are you saying that all of you guys are hipsters?

Ha uhhhh well definitely not saying ALL of us out here are hipsters.. but now that I really think about it, this is probably one of the "hippest" chip communities around based on the high frequency of tight jeans, swoopy hair, thick black-rimmed glasses, and other sorts of wardrobe acquired from secondhand stores. There's lots of discoy chip house around.. and the girls who come to our shows have colors in their hair and tats/piercings.. there's still some of your run of the mill videogame enthusiast lookin chip people too I guess.

I don't exactly fit this stereotype (except 4 glasses fuck) but yeah I guess I am among a vast majority of very hip peoples in Seattle's scene.. is it not so much like that in other places? I've always been slightly under the impression that people who play live chip are at least partially driven to do so because it's "unique" and it makes other people view you as going against the grain.. and you know hipsters are all about that shit

Tacoma WA

wait there are chip guys who aren't hippsters in seattle?

i need to get out more.

Seattle, WA US

Well, I've been told by the other chipsters that I look too much like a bro to be a hipster (girls at shows/parties have come up and asked me what I was doing there). I guess Nikes and tanktops aren't the right kind of hip for chip?

It probably doesn't help that I make some "brostep"... or that my name can easily be manipulated into broaconstructor

But um yes, *present*

detroit

2hip4chip

Tacoma WA
boaconstructor wrote:

Well, I've been told by the other chipsters that I look too much like a bro to be a hipster (girls at shows/parties have come up and asked me what I was doing there). I guess Nikes and tanktops aren't the right kind of hip for chip?

It probably doesn't help that I make some "brostep"... or that my name can easily be manipulated into broaconstructor

But um yes, *present*

weird i guess?  dunno.

Seattle, WA US
barbeque wrote:

2hip4chip

Or maybe not hip enough idk maybe I should grow a thin mustache and start wearing an ironic blazer with a deep vneck underneath