SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA

How much chip music do you think I could sneak in?

Brunswick, GA USA

It may be easy to do... for example, music played while testing sound, or music played in BG while talking.... good luck!

babylon

idk man. i cant imagine much if you wanna keep your residency.

TSSBAY01
walter b. gentle wrote:

Chicago IL

tik tok all night long

Puerto Rico

25% of your sets.

Tell them that's just your style.

shanghai

if its a top 40 club you need only bring gaga, black eyed peas, horrid shit like that......and a bottle of vodka to numb the pain and ease your dying soul. you could surely sneak in a few fist pumping gameboy house tracks though i bet, as long as they're cheesey, repetitive and have annoying vocal samples i doubt anyone would notice : P

Lexington, KY
walter b. gentle wrote:

Better to burn out, as they say.
Fuck 'em up.

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA

I'll just make every second song Slam Dunk Lifestyle.

The kids'll be into that, right?

Sydney, NSW
Downstate wrote:

and a bottle of vodka to numb the pain and ease your dying soul.

I think this is the most apt description of every Top 40s DJ in existance.

Seattle, WA US

Really comes down to how you'd go about bringing it into the mix. So much chip lacks in the sound design & mastering departments.. would stick out like a sore thumb from all that pop.

You could absolutely mix newer Henry Homesweet into a mainstream dance mix though.. or any house-centered mix for that matter. I'm a firm believer that his stuff would sound just as good as (if not better than) any mainstream house/trance song on any system at any show/festival in regards to quality.. but it's all certainly more unique than your average Top 40 shit, while still being super catchy.

I'm sure there are other artists/songs you could make work.... but that fresh Homesweet will rock the house for sure lol

shanghai

Homesweet i second. dude is streaks ahead of 90percent of chip music about. Productionwise certainly, very good producer and he been making some doper than dope stuff this last year or two fo sho 1

Here is my issue: what if the license the chip choonz were released under aren't DJ friendly, considering you are playing other people's music to make money? Given, lots of music is under licenses that are friendly. And if I were to play anything, I would totally work into a few house tunes and throw in some MisfitChris. I've gotten away with dropping Sabrepulse's cover of Daft Punk's "Digital Love" and people lost their shit. Honestly, it is hard to get across some of the sound aesthetics between top 40 and chip, so if you can bridge the gap and keep the dance floor full, great. If not, earn your living!

For reference, DJ'ing is how I make any of my income 9 months out of the year. Frat parties pay.

The top 40 of chipmusic is just as bad as the top 40 of Popmusic.

Seattle, WA US

NO ITS NOT

shanghai

play some back to back ralp and monodeer and make them cry !