astral cat

when do i get a go? haha

an-cat-max wrote:

when do i get a go? haha

when the big boys are done playing.

Brazil
bleo wrote:

oh duh, that hadn't occurred to me, man... uh... sir.  the main reason i've made so little NES music in the past is because of the simple fact that i couldn't use some sort of handheld device.  NTRQ + dingoo =  mmmm mmm bitch!

Couldn't agree more. But I'm only afraid of the size (i don't have a dingoo yet). I've heard the sound is good enough.

0R360N
starpause wrote:

just wanted to say that PSP is my favorite console for running piggy tracker and i'm excited that i might be able to play NTRQ via FCEU on the same handheld heart

If another beta tester does not test this I will get to it tonight and let you know. I agree, I sold my GP2X cause I prefer PSP for LGPT. As stated above, I only have nester running ATM, which is not so great for sound. With toss on FCEultra fo sho and let you know.

arfink wrote:

Nice hack-enated controller there Thretris! And the PSOne screen is pretty sweet as well, I have done that from time to time.

THANKS DUDE!!! Turbo Mod FTW!!! makes Megaman even more fun!!!

Minneapolis

Thretris, would you mind detailing how you did that? I have somewhat of an idea how you might have gone about it, but at least some pictures of it's insides would be cool!

And just so this doesn't veer off topic completely, I have actually got my first MMC1 dev board underway and am working on a little removable SRAM unit I can just drop into my EPROM programmer. It's a bit fragile now, but I think I have thought of a way to make it better.

0R360N
arfink wrote:

Thretris, would you mind detailing how you did that? I have somewhat of an idea how you might have gone about it, but at least some pictures of it's insides would be cool!

And just so this doesn't veer off topic completely, I have actually got my first MMC1 dev board underway and am working on a little removable SRAM unit I can just drop into my EPROM programmer. It's a bit fragile now, but I think I have thought of a way to make it better.

Simplly swapped the PCB with a another controller, Once of those famicon turbo knockoffs. I then rerouted the wire, drilled new holes and new buttons. Pretty simple, but works GREAT. Here is the controller I used (similar)

ALSO, to stay on topic myself... Im using NTRQ on FCEUpsp right now... I must say, I dont like the EMU as much as nester, but the sound is 100% better, and so far NTRQ is very usable.

Let me spend a few messing with the square channel and noise channel, but I think it will be AOK to use on PSP smile I will post a quick video demo later (at Neil's consent)

))<>((

Yeah FCEU's GUI on the PSP definitely needs work, but the emulator itself is soo much better than NesterJ. (and keep in mind, it's only been out for a month or two, while NesterJ has been around for 4 or so years).

Glad to hear it sounds better. smile

Last edited by tacticalbread (Feb 23, 2010 3:10 am)

0R360N

Ah, no wonder I didnt have it on there haha. I have been out of the psp scene for a bit, need to play catch up and make sure my shitz are up to date.

I will probably just keep FCEU for NTRQ, and nester for everything else, cause I like a larger screen without dithering, and the option to remap buttons.

0R360N

UPDATE*****

Been working on a song for about 2 hours (well, more like making test noises)

Sad to say, but FCEU runs exactly the same as NesterJ.

Sounds are pretty glitchy when they become overwhelmed by editing such as attack / decay / pitch effects.

Tracks actually seem to react better and stay more consistent with Nester than FCEU when looping

Track E DPCM samples seem to not work aside from the 909/808 snares. Will test these more later. but for now, I just skip using that channel .

Other than that, you can basically use PSP to knock out a decent amount of tracking, but I would say (as of now) you would definitely not want to rely on it for your main way to run NTRQ.

After tossing my save file over to my powerpak, the track sounded MUCH different, but pretty much what I was going for.

WOW MAN!

Thretris: good work sir, good work!

0R360N
neilbaldwin wrote:

Thretris: good work sir, good work!

Thanks Bandit cool

Turku, FIN

I was playing around with psp and ntrq last night also, and i agree with thretris. Altough i got some of the samples working if i remember correctly.
Sound is not good and it's a bit glitchy, but the feeling is good. Hopefully it runs smoother some time soon.

San Francisco

thanks keff + thretris for researching shit on the psp front, even if it's sad news ... piggy is good fun but to bust out nes biz on a handheld would be a real treat. keepin my eyes on this news. and the psp repair shop here in san francisco is legit btw

http://twitpic.com/15ouoz

Milwaukee, WI
starpause wrote:

thanks keff + thretris for researching shit on the psp front, even if it's sad news ... piggy is good fun but to bust out nes biz on a handheld would be a real treat. keepin my eyes on this news. and the psp repair shop here in san francisco is legit btw

Righteous picture haha!

))<>((
starpause wrote:

and the psp repair shop here in san francisco is legit btw

haha wow.

That's San Francisco for ya.

Abandoned on Fire

So it sounds like PSP isn't quite up to the task yet... recommendations for PC (I know Niel has been using Nestopia but that's Mac only afaik)?