Orange County, CA

Hey all I started my chiptunes tenure in Yuma, AZ but now I've reloacted to GLORIOUS Laguna Woods (Orange County Area, full of old people). I was wondering where's the siq SoCal chipscene, how do I get plugged in/prove my worth/participate, and who else is nearby?

California

There's a good amount of people here I believe, but shows don't happen too often. Wizwars seems to be the main guy in the scene, try talking to him.

Orange County, CA
VCMG wrote:

There's a good amount of people here I believe, but shows don't happen too often. Wizwars seems to be the main guy in the scene, try talking to him.

And how might I go about doing that kind sir?

Palmdale, CA

Im CA<LA :3
but he's right PM WizWArs

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Yeah lots of stuff happens in LA compared to some of the other surrounding areas in CA. Wizwars, as stated above, is the man down there. There's also a some neighboring artists who go up to LA.
Biggest show is Frequency.

Los Angeles

yes we are here and we welcome you smile
I'm in la but from oc originally and I want to put some shows on there this coming year.
We also have amazing guys doing amazing stuff in San Diego which you are now driving distance from.
Are you over 21? This helps a lot (damnit hurry up and age kool skull!)

Wizwars is actually from Az as well

Los Angeles, CA

I'm hardly the main chiptune guy in Los Angeles, I'm just one of the only dudes who has been actively trying to set up chipmusic shows this year...lots of talent down here but people are busy.

But anyway a crew of people has kind of formed and hopefuly we'll be putting together a lot more shows. Next big one is Frequency 2.0, which is the two day fest that I apparently do now. It'll be at the end of January. 19th-20th I believe (not looking at a calendar).

Orange County, CA
dasid wrote:

yes we are here and we welcome you smile
I'm in la but from oc originally and I want to put some shows on there this coming year.
We also have amazing guys doing amazing stuff in San Diego which you are now driving distance from.
Are you over 21? This helps a lot (damnit hurry up and age kool skull!)

I am in fact 21 years of age. Haha. And yes actually I have lots of friends in San Diego as well so shows in SD would be really really ideal for me as well.

Wizwars wrote:

I'm hardly the main chiptune guy in Los Angeles, I'm just one of the only dudes who has been actively trying to set up chipmusic shows this year...lots of talent down here but people are busy.

But anyway a crew of people has kind of formed and hopefuly we'll be putting together a lot more shows. Next big one is Frequency 2.0, which is the two day fest that I apparently do now. It'll be at the end of January. 19th-20th I believe (not looking at a calendar).

Sounds fantastic!

Well I'm looking to get plugged in and participate I'll shoot you both a pm and we can get some contactin' goin'.

Los Angeles, CA
dasid wrote:

Nah you got it in reverse man, haha. I'm from SoCal but I'm eventually moving to AZ. I've never been lucky enough to call the beautiful desert my home.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Man, I'm hoping not to miss Frequency again. smile

California

Same. If it really is January 19-20, I'm hoping I'll at least be able to catch the 19th.

Los Angeles, CA

The 21st is MLK day so a lot of people will have it off from work / school (our main audience)...otherwise would've done Friday and Saturday.

Last edited by Wizwars (Sep 19, 2012 1:49 am)

Unsubscribe

I might be in town that weekend! /me winks to the point of a astigmatism.

Orange County, CA

Well thanks gentlemen please like my artist page here and ill add you to my Facebook. Or if you dont want to or don't have Facebook you can follow my soundcloud. And ill keep in contact here. Also I have Twitter and ill go ahead and follow/like you guys right back so I can keep in cahoots. Looking forward to working with you all!

Last edited by Dr Treble (Sep 19, 2012 2:29 am)

San Diego, CA

*ahem*

san diego exists and we will be attempting to set up more shows! unfortunately, I just started a job, so my show-organizing abilities will be hindered until I stop working overtime, but stay tuned, and I'll definitely keep you in mind for future things!

EDIT: We might actually have a small shindig going on next Tuesday that you would definitely be awesome for if you can swing it! short notice, I know, but as it stands we're playing hour long sets sad

Last edited by spacetownsavior (Sep 19, 2012 2:58 am)

Orange County, CA
spacetownsavior wrote:

*ahem*

san diego exists and we will be attempting to set up more shows! unfortunately, I just started a job, so my show-organizing abilities will be hindered until I stop working overtime, but stay tuned, and I'll definitely keep you in mind for future things!

EDIT: We might actually have a small shindig going on next Tuesday that you would definitely be awesome for if you can swing it! short notice, I know, but as it stands we're playing hour long sets sad

When Tuesday! I have enough material for short notice shows tongue And yes San Diego exists I believe I acknowledged the fact that it does and my willingness to come down earlier tongue you can keep in touch with me in the previous links :3