So, I have been looking for an online community since 8bc went down, not because I want exposure, but because I want HONEST INPUT. Please listen to my works accordingly and post your opinion here - please be constructive. "Sounds like shit" doesn't help me make it better.

http://soundcloud.com/zombies8myneighbors

Orange County, CA

I just through it appropriate to stick to the first three songs BUT excellent sound overall I think! I really really liked the first track second fav would be the third track. I like your sound, energy, and form. Is there anything specific you were looking for cc wise? like mixing/etc? I don't have my good headphones and my speakers aren't very good/turned down low atm so I can't be terribly specific but I really dug what you had overall.

Well, for specifics, I would say generally the composition of the music. I've found my weak-spot in music is actually composing full-length songs. I tend to make really good little "riffs" but I can never make a song that seems to feel to me as though it "flows" if that expresses my point completely. ANY CC is appreciated though - whether it be composition, mastering, etc. (Tips would be EXTREMELY appreciated too!) Just to give you an idea, all of my music is made on LSDJ and then recorded via a 1/8" cable directly into the back of my computer using audacity. Thanks for taking the time to listen, Doc! smile

Germany

+1 for replacing "ate" with "8". i like 8s. somet8mes i insert them 8 rather random spots.

I listened to the sets; i liked "this is how you shuffle, bitches!" and "for a special someone". tips for structure: in a "normal" song structure (like a pop or rock-song), variation is key. repeat the same thing, but add subtle variations; change the ending tones, transpose the whole melody 2-3 halfnotes up. maybe try a solo part, work with different chords in different parts. or a break with really heavy and fast beats - 16th hihats can do that - and a driving bassline. i like basslines!

lately, i have that same problem, though: i have some good parts, complete with beats, melody and bass,  but then i dont quite know how to make a song out of it. especially as verse/chorus/verse gets old fast without vocals (and i dont do vocals).

well, what is there to master if you use just lsdj? maybe use a compressor to make it louder, and eq the bass frequencies up, but those pieces have plenty of bass.
meh. hope this is helping. dont know if someone with the same problem can be of much help ...

England

general song structure is a difficult thing to criticize, but i think in general your songs feel empty.

i think that you could work on your overall sound design as it all sounds very basic and the percussion needs a bit more variation.