São Paulo, Brazil

hi folks,

I'm using ableton live pattern notes and sending them to each one of mssiah sequencer's three tracks/channels (via midi channels 1, 2 and 3). Everything seems fine, except for two problems I can't get to solve:

1) If I'm using midi channel 1 to send ableton notes to mssiah track 1, and then I trigger other pattern sending notes to mssiah track 2 via midi channel 2, the track 1's volume gets lower. Any way of solving this?

2 - and worst problem) the mssiah sequencer just can't get to retrigger the ableton notes in the proper way. For example, If I make a bassline on an ableton pattern and send it to the c64, the mssiah sequencer usually plays only the first note - and keeps to it untill the pattern loops. I know the mssiah manual has warnings about the note lenght trig problem on DAWs sending notes to mssiah, but the notes I put on ableton are not being sent just before the next note triggers. I left a blank space between then. But still, the notes won't trigger.

Please, anyone can help me out? Ableton and sequencer multitimbral are great together, but I just can't get them to work together properly. sad

Bochum, Germany

My MSSIAH works perfectly sequenced by an Amiga running OctaMED V4 (using Midi-Note-Off). It also works fine getting MIDI from CubaseSX2 lefting blank space between the notes.

Italy

Did you try sequencing the MSSIAH from Ableton using Monosynth or Bassline?
I must say, I have been working mainly with Monosynth but I had no problem in sequencing the MSSIAH sequencer from Reaper (3 parts playing on 3 Midi channels)

New York City

THere we were the other day talking about problems and now it seems you fond a few.
I hope they get solved, I will read this thread with attention. All these stories keep me still a bit reluctant about grabbing a MSSIAH, being Ableton Live my main composing tool nowadays.

São Paulo, Brazil

Hi all, thanks for your help.

The problem got solved last month in a really easy way: my usb/midi cable was SHIT, then I bought an edirol midi interface. No more retriggering problems or shit like that. I can even make the fastest ableton arpeggiators and MSSIAH will respond to it in a perfect way. smile

Akira, you said you already have a good midi interface right? Go for it, totally. This solved all my problems, not only with MSSIAH, but also with mGB.

New York City

Now I only need someone selling me a used MSSIAH