Sweden

Hello! I wonder if there is any way to use the midi-interface on the Sega Genesis, I don't understand what it's for... I have a midi-keyboard and midi-cables, but is there anything I need to do to utilize it?

I have heard about GENMDM, does anybody know if they will be sold again?

BR
Henrik

New York City
Pegasusomega wrote:

Hello! I wonder if there is any way to use the midi-interface on the Sega Genesis, I don't understand what it's for...

There's no MIDI interface on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. That is what GENMDM is for.

Sweden
akira^8GB wrote:
Pegasusomega wrote:

Hello! I wonder if there is any way to use the midi-interface on the Sega Genesis, I don't understand what it's for...

There's no MIDI interface on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. That is what GENMDM is for.

Sorry, I thought it looked like one... I am a big noob... I'm a bit embarrassed actually...

Sweden

Any way to close the thread?

shanghai

no it shall remain open making you look stupid for the rest of eternity hahahaha

seriously though, you will need as akira said the GENMDM thing. keep up to date with DR Little Scale for news on when he accepts orders etc. its badass, i havent had much time to work with it as much as i would like but its pretty damn dope.

Sweden

Haha, well, you know, I have been a bit of the class clown, so that is ok! wink

I will check the news! I have sent him an email as well!

New York City

Oh, so you confused the Genesis A/V port for a MIDI port...

matt's mind

would be pretty cool if that were a midi port though...

they are both DIN connectors, look similar.  its an easy mistake, don't be embarrassed wink

shanghai

i used to think the ones on my old old casio's were midi ports too haha