Sweden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7FyXGgX … e=youtu.be

Hello! This is a video of my live performance and I would like some cc on that.

I use the following gear.
Game boy with LSDJ
Denon mixer
Roland sp-808 sampler
Electribe es sampler/sequencer
Kaossilator Pro
Zoom pedal
Mini Kaoss pad

San Angelo, TX

The drum beat is so linear it's whack but I really like what you did with the Gameboy.
Also you should feed the sound into something and record it, then play the actually audio back so we can hear everything more clearly.
All in all I would say "It's a good mix but you have a drum machine so go more in depth with it"
I only listened to about 2 mins of it because th kick and the snare just fucking sound terrible.
But really it's not all that bad.
Also wtf is up with the orange basketball shorts?

Good equipment, but i wouldn't play that songs live.
If you play something for a crowd it should be (most of the time) danceable. Also move around a lot and stuff.

Savannah, Georgia

a lot of it feels badly timed, but otherwise not bad. you mainly just need to work a bit more on your melodies - they feel sort of random and barebones.

Last edited by Aeros (Sep 25, 2012 8:32 pm)

rochester, ny
9-Heart wrote:

Good equipment, but i wouldn't play that songs live.
If you play something for a crowd it should be (most of the time) danceable. Also move around a lot and stuff.

i'm at work and can't listen to the song yet but i've gotta disagree with this. people play all sorts of music live, not just dance music.

Like i said "most of the times".
If the song is good, people will love it anyway

Sweden

Thank you all for taking your time to listen too it!

I will work more on my "performances" and go deeper into my equipment to make the set float better (better prepared, shorter loading times, etc).

I will setup my computer and record the live session when I believe that I am ready for it.

00:00 first song starts

03:39 second song starts

06:17 third song starts

10:50 fourth song starts

It's my dad's old swimming shorts, yes I know that it says "Get going back issues" and I suffer from scoliosis... Hahaha!

Unsubscribe

i dug the groove around the 8 min mark.

washington

Like what Aeros said, some of the rhythms feel off-timed, like a 16th note off or something like that. Other than that, nice grooves!

orange county, CA
herr_prof wrote:

i dug the groove around the 8 min mark.

England

you could do a lot more with the equipment you have. everything feels underused. if you have a separate drummachinesampler/sequencer thing, it frees up a lot of room on the game boy.

Seattle, WA US

yeah man if you're gonna have a hardware setup like that, you better use the fuck out of it. I would kill to have all of that shit

Get sick drumloops going, manually shift them throughout. You should never have extended moments of silence (or near silence) in your "set" when you have all of that equipment!! You could have a rad beat going during load times between lsdj saves, and then bring whatever melody (or whatever it is you're using the gameboy for) in on top of the drums... do it perfectly in time (use headphones) and fade it in using your effects processor

Basically, you have all the awesome shit that most of us wish we did.. now you just need to practice a shit ton and get creative with it. Would be cool if it were a bit more on the dancey side as well, but that's only my opinion

Sweden
boaconstructor wrote:

yeah man if you're gonna have a hardware setup like that, you better use the fuck out of it. I would kill to have all of that shit

Get sick drumloops going, manually shift them throughout. You should never have extended moments of silence (or near silence) in your "set" when you have all of that equipment!! You could have a rad beat going during load times between lsdj saves, and then bring whatever melody (or whatever it is you're using the gameboy for) in on top of the drums... do it perfectly in time (use headphones) and fade it in using your effects processor

Basically, you have all the awesome shit that most of us wish we did.. now you just need to practice a shit ton and get creative with it. Would be cool if it were a bit more on the dancey side as well, but that's only my opinion

Yeah, right now I am practicing on letting songs blend together, like a DJ would, so when the Kaossilator Pro loads I use my Electribe instead, so there won't be any silence! smile