I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this question. Does anyone know of an easy way to bounce down a song in the windows piggy client, or do I need to actually capture the audio externally? I've heard of loopback midi drivers and such, but I'm looking to export my tracks as .wav of .aif  for further processing. Thanks!

Unsubscribe

http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?i … #rendering

Thank you very much!

Unsubscribe

good luck!

Hello, I was wondering if this is possible in the OSX version aswell? However the latest piggy build is just an app, a "package". Where do i place the config.xml file? Thanks

Unsubscribe

You should be able to put it in the same directory as the app, or do the arguements via terminal.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It says that it's not functional in the GP2X version, but is it functional in all other builds?

Tokyo, Japan

In theory is is functional but rendering on one of the handheld platforms is kind of pointless. It takes AAAAAAGES and everyone has access to a PC / Mac / Linux box which is a much faster way of doing it.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I suppose that makes sense, but it's good to know that it's a technical possibility on a platform like the PSP which I use most often.

Geneva, NY

I have rendered from gp2x. It did take forever but I did it.

It worked! never knew that lgpt could do this. this saves a lot of time smile

thanks guys

Abandoned on Fire

I've never been 100% clear on how this works.  You have to have a separate executable with the render options enabled, correct?  And this separate second copy of the executable will always render files when it's run?

Unsubscribe

You can do it:
1. Setting the commands in config.xml. This will always then render
2. Do it on demand by running it via the command line with the render arguments. Handy if you want to only render quickly once
3. Create additional shortcuts to the piggy executable each with a different command line argument. This can be handy if you want to make separate shortcuts for stereo render or multiple track render.

You can also do this to set different versions for any config.xml argument. So for example, one shortcut to point to a project folder on a dropbox directory and another that points to the local directory. Dropbox is handy if you like to collab with other piggers.

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

You can do it:
2. Do it on demand by running it via the command line with the render arguments. Handy if you want to only render quickly once

For that, if I want to render each channel separately and "offline" it would be:

lgpt -RENDER=FILESPLIT

in the command line and then the rendered files will show up in the project folder?

uhajdafdfdfa

the best thing to do is to make a windows shortcut with the command line arguments (as herr prof said!!)

on other systems maybe you cannot put command line arguments into a shortcut but you can make a batch file with just one line in it and it will work much the same

Abandoned on Fire
ant1 wrote:

the best thing to do is to make a windows shortcut with the command line arguments (as herr prof said!!)

on other systems maybe you cannot put command line arguments into a shortcut but you can make a batch file with just one line in it and it will work much the same

Ok, finally got it thru my thick skull.  Rendering channels separately is awesome.