Chicago

First of all if any of these ideas have already been stated before, don't even bother saying so, just close the topic. Anyway, I think it would be really cool to have email notifications for PMs, comments on songs, and posts to a forum topic that one started. Another idea I had was to be able to delete forum topics altogether, rather than just closing them. It would also be awesome to be able to delete individual posts in forums. So yeah, it's not like I'm gonna sift through every single topic in this entire forum trying to see if somebody else already had these ideas. Just putting them out there in case they haven't been stated already.

Wait, hang on, I just read rule 7 of ChipMusic.org.

...dammit.

Still think this site would be even better than it already is with these ideas implemented.

Just look at all these forum posts... what a mess....

.......it sure would be great if i could delete some of them to clear up some space....

(OOOPS! Someone cleared up some space!) <--- LOL I see what u did there.

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 28, 2012 2:35 am)

Sweeeeeeden
stancoolness wrote:

I think it would be really cool to have email notifications for [...] posts to a forum topic that one started.

That one's easy at least. You can click the subscribe link in any thread. But that's boring, so you can also click profile in the top menu, then settings and select "Subscribe to topics by default when posting."

stancoolness wrote:

Another idea I had was to be able to delete forum topics altogether, rather than just closing them. It would also be awesome to be able to delete individual posts in forums.

Regular members can do neither, and will never be able to. It's too easy to abuse. Troll the forums like crazy, then just delete everything and pretend like nothing happened.

IL, US

well first off, no way we'd ever let the members delete threads...
second, if you read up on the whole 8bc split/founding of this site, you'll see why we feel the need for transparency and accountability...on the other hand, i wouldnt mind the option for additional email notifications myself

Chicago
nitro2k01 wrote:

Regular members can do neither, and will never be able to. It's too easy to abuse. Troll the forums like crazy, then just delete everything and pretend like nothing happened.

I mean, like... in that scenario the "troll" deleted all of its posts, so what's the big deal?

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:35 am)

Sweeeeeeden

stancoolness posts a really stupid thread. 50 people call him out on it. stancoolness the thread and pretends like nothing happened. You see the problem?

Chicago

Well.... let's say someone were to troll the forums like crazy and then delete everything... at least it's deleted, right? I don't get what the problem is with someone deleting unwanted material

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:35 am)

Sweeeeeeden

Transparency and accountability... Those threads get locked and sometimes moved to the graveyard. There's a record of what has happened, but no one can post in the threads.

Chicago

Yep. I edited. I don't like what I used to say on these forums. Hope that's cool with everybody.

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:36 am)

Puerto Rico

One time a guy edited every post in his whole thread because the feedback he got on his product wasn't what he wanted. (nininstrument??)

matt's mind

email notification of PMs would be awesome

or, the ability to reply-from-email and not need to go to cm.o to PM back

Chicago
kitsch wrote:

email notification of PMs would be awesome

or, the ability to reply-from-email and not need to go to cm.o to PM back

Ooh, epic idea. smile

Last edited by stancoolness (Oct 6, 2012 6:23 pm)