Yup i'm fcking serious.
It's the King of Fighters Edition with 2 King of Fighter Games and Sonic Advance 2.

Which good games are there else on it?
Do you consider any "Must Haves"?

I also thought about frontliting it and adding a ProSound, but that's a different story.

Last edited by 9-Heart (Oct 3, 2012 11:32 pm)

babylon

castlevania: harmony of dissonance and castlevania: aria of sorrow , my favorite castlevania games eva! ( though dawn of sorrow for ds is right behind them)

Tokyo, Japan

Is there any chance we could condense all these game recommendation threads into one? They are at best tangental to the forum.

babylon
Lazerbeat wrote:

tangental

Well, i thought about using the SNES Theard.
But it's about a Handheld not a Console.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is definitly noted on my list.

NC in the US of America

No, but seriously... Megaman Zero series, Megaman BN (I'm not sure which one is best, only played 1 and 2), Gunstar Heroes Advance (or w/e it's called), maybe Ninja 5-0 and definitely Hello Kitty Happy Party Pals (for the music >_>)...

I never really played too many GBA games. hm.

IL, US

both metroid games for GBA are great

Puerto Rico

Let me just quote the snes thread and.....

Super Mario World

Man, but the gba has a great catalog and you couldn't really go wrong with much of anything unless you don't like a specific genre.

Play the final fantasy remakes, the advanced wars, the dragon ball z games (the top-down perspective ones, not the SF-like fighting ones), the pokemans, minish cap, sonic battle.

London

Golden sun, Golden sun: lost age.

I'm open for any kinda genre. Maybe execpt Vertical Shooter (Space Shooter) or Games with bad 3D Graphics (for example many License Games had that or like Rayman 3 - Hoodlum Revenge).
Also it would be nice to get some games recommended that are not that well-known. Like i already know about Golden Sun, Pokémon and Final Fantasy.

Last edited by 9-Heart (Oct 4, 2012 1:34 am)

Metroid Fusion, waorioland 4, and advanced wars

Chicago IL

what the fuck is happening to this place

Westfield, NJ

MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK 1 & 2

Joliette, QC, Canada

Aria of Sorrow is totally my favorite CV ever !!!
I also suggest these games :
-Breath of Fire 2
-Mario & Luigi
-Tales of Phantasia
-Tactics Ogre
-both Fire Emblem
-Mario Kart
-Wario ware
-Lunar Legends
-Megaman & Bass

detroit
Saskrotch wrote:

ghost of 8bc wrote:

all is going according to plan.

Madison, Alabama
Saskrotch wrote:

Seriously?

This is a forum that promotes a community where people make music based on, with, inspired by, etc., old video game hardware.  And you're surprised/confused/chagrined when people ask for video game recommendations? 

You should be happy OP put this thread in the Nintendo Handhelds section.

8bc is dead.  This scene is TINY.  People want to socialize and chat about shared interests as much as they want to share music.  I think it's reasonable to assume shared interests might include video games.  Sure, OP could have googled "best GBA games", but maybe OP wants the opinions of some like-minded souls on this site.  I don't understand why that is so upsetting to some people.

If you don't want to see these threads, maybe you should beg the mods to create a video game recommendation section and disconnect it from the home page so they don't have to briefly offend you.

/rant

You should skip collecting games and get an EZ flash IV cart.  You can download the roms and play them on your GBA with ease.

You should check out these games:
Drill Dozer
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Ninja 5-0 (way cooler than the name implies)
Final Fantasy VI (Hey, you can play it again in your pocket!)
Golden Sun
Advance Wars/Advance Wars 2
Mario Golf (Deeper than you would imagine)

[edited to correct the name of the flash cart.]

Last edited by roboctopus (Oct 4, 2012 3:34 am)