Hey guys I have a special pokemon GBC and the speaker is dead. The headphone jack works but not the speaker. I am having a very hard time locating a speaker to use. I went to radio shack but the one they have is 1 1/8" or 29mm and the one in the system is more like 7/8 or 22mm. Any help on what to use would be great. I have read someone used a psp speaker that makes it louder which I could try but which model? If there is something out there that gets louder sound that would be cool since it needs replaced anyhow. Thanks in advance.

England

get another GBC and cut it open?

I'm not going to destroy a perfectly working GBC for a $2 speaker. I am also not willing to buy a broken unit for a speaker. I guess I'll just buy a psp 1000 replacemnt speaker and give it a shot.

NC in the US of America

You could always sell the rest of the broken unit minus the speaker to a DiYer who'd need the other parts.

You wouldn't have to destroy the perfectly working GBC if you used a screwdriver to open it, right?

the psp replacement speaker sounds like a good idea, though.

I'm not looking to sell any of my gameboys. I collect games/systems. I just want to fix the broken one. It is only 2 wires that need soldered to a new speaker. It does require a triangle bit to open the systems which I just got in the mail just having a hard time locating a replacement speaker.The problem is the diameter has to be like 7/8" or smaller to fit under the board into the designated location. I can get the psp speaker but thats another hong kong purchase and I'm sick of waiting 3-4 weeks for stuff.

Last edited by icemanxp300 (Oct 5, 2012 12:51 pm)

rochester, ny
icemanxp300 wrote:

I am also not willing to buy a broken unit for a speaker.

why not? seems like that would be the cheapest and easiest way to go.

also, googling gameboy color speaker gave me this result -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Boy-Color- … 4ab3c3ddc9

Shipping for a broken system would cost more than a speaker is worth. I'll just buy two psp speakers from hong kong for $2.50.

Thanks for the interest. Since I'm cheap I guess i will have to wait 3-4 weeks.

PA

If you haven't already orded the PSP ones PM me,
I have an extra i can send you..

Last edited by Ecco3697 (Oct 5, 2012 7:19 pm)

rochester, ny
icemanxp300 wrote:

Shipping for a broken system would cost more than a speaker is worth. I'll just buy two psp speakers from hong kong for $2.50.

Thanks for the interest. Since I'm cheap I guess i will have to wait 3-4 weeks.

oh i figured you would just get one from a local store or on craigslist.

You should've bought some DS Lite speakers. They're the perfect size, but you just need to break off a tiny piece of plastic on the inside to fit the speaker. Sounds much better too.

http://dx.com/p/repair-parts-replacemen … 881?item=2

Sydney, NSW

give me headphones or give me death

I havn't purchased anything yet. On that link you posted it said dimensions were 1.02 in x 0.79 in x 0.08 in. If that diameter is larger than about 7/8" or roughly 22mm it will be too big.

Now these ones might work?

http://dx.com/p/repair-parts-replacemen … mp;u=25129

Joliette, QC, Canada
Chainsaw Police wrote:

give me headphones or give me death

It is still a broken system if the speaker doesn't work. It's not that I will play it but in the event I ever wanted to sell it the fact that speaker don't work would drastically kill the resale value.

Joliette, QC, Canada
icemanxp300 wrote:

It is still a broken system if the speaker doesn't work. It's not that I will play it but in the event I ever wanted to sell it the fact that speaker don't work would drastically kill the resale value.

haha and you will be able to put MODDED in the title ?!
TOP DOLLARS ! lol