Utrecht, The Netherlands

We did a collaboration with game-animator Paul Veer & VJ Illuminator do project visuals on the Dom Tower (big tower in the heart of Utrecht). Concept by Frans Twisk & Paul Veer. Pixel-animations by Paul Veer. Animation and VJing by VJ Illuminator. DJ set by Frans Twisk of EINDBAAS. The thief comes to live at the end, played by Klazien Schaap (also EINDBAAS).

10 minute recap of the full set (the mix is a bit cut-up):

Full set from one angle:

Official Aftermovie (includes impression of the whole night):

Remake of the DJ set with complete tracklisting is up on SoundCloud. Enjoy!

Last edited by EINDBAAS (Oct 8, 2012 10:58 am)

matt's mind

this is really spectacular, and a real achievement!  congratulations!!!

the crowd seemed to really be enjoying the event, did you find there was a warm reception from the general public or that the more enthusiastic people were more-or-less a targeted crowd (via FB invites, whatever)?

(i'm just guessing this is in a square and a pedestrian area)

and, was there cooperation with the city on this?  or, was this guerrilla style?  (something similar was attempted here with ambient/noise, the city wouldn't issue permits, they did it anyways in a back alley and got run off still)

really impressed that this 'was', good start to the day to watch...

Utrecht, The Netherlands

It is a yearly event organized by a cultural organisation in Utrecht (Vrede van Utrecht), where they invite local acts & VJ's. It was held at a huge square next to the tower and there were around 6500 people at it's highest point (almost 10.000 in total !!!). The artists performing where really diverse and I believe a lot of the people knew EINDBAAS by name but never really heard anything chipmusic related (most of them just came for the event itself and the visuals). Picked out some more accesible party songs for this mix/mashup.

Last edited by EINDBAAS (Oct 7, 2012 3:58 pm)

This is absolutely amazing. Seriously, practically on-calibre with Disney's Fireworks around Cinderella Castle.

Utrecht, The Netherlands

We wanted to end with fireworks but weren't allowed sad

Last edited by EINDBAAS (Oct 7, 2012 4:14 pm)

California

This is fucking extraordinary. Can't wait to see the full video!

Philly, PA, USA

yo that's fucking awesome! i would love to be able to have that kind of projection space so fucking cool

NC in the US of America

Wow! *speechless*

And the ending was awesome and cute =3

Utrecht, The Netherlands

Added the full length video!

vancouver, canada

frans/klaz, you guys are doing absolutely amazing things over there.   totally blown away - this totally sets a new bar for visuals.

Westfield, NJ

wow!!! so impressed!

This is so lovely. Had to work at 6 in the morning the day after so I couldn't come :'(

Tokyo, Japan

Yeah, this is really really impressive!!

This is EINBASS right now:

NC in the US of America

Man I've been searching all over youtube for this video typing "einbaas castle" and stuff, lol. Glad I finally found it (don't know why I didn't think to come back here, lol).

Maybe you can put "castle" in the youtube tags?

Utrecht, The Netherlands

It's not a castle tongue It's a tower.

NC in the US of America

Aw shoot. I was doomed from the start. Oh well. smile

Thanks for clearing that up for me, lol.